thought plz, about possible angina

Posted , 3 users are following.

hy im a 18 year old female, ever since i was about 9 ive have been having sharp pains in my chest on the left side, when i as this age the pain only happened about once every few months but as im getting older the pain is getting more constant, i have a sharp stabbing pain in the same place constantly every day, i went to the doctors about this in march and they told me i had ashma, they prescribed me with the blue and brown inhaler, these dont seem to help and my symtoms fel like they are getting worse, i went to the doctor again and she said that its possibly just breast pain, know i dont know about you, but i know the difference between the two, i feel like m not being treated fairly and that im not being listened to, it is really frustraiting and i dont know whats wrong with me.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy, What other symptoms do you have? i would list them out and then go back to the doctor and say this is my list of symptoms please explain... I hope it is nothing serious but like you i would be worried and it is better to get an answer properly than not and be left to worry. I will be trying to get my own appointment shortlytoday after the discovery, last night, of a large mole on the side of my head (just in the hair line...). It may sound simplistic but often ( i have found) it is better to go to the docs with a clear list of problems / symptoms rathert than trying to remember it all in an appointement. I am often left thinking, darn wish i had rembered that... so yes i do take notes with me. good luck andi hope you get the information - and treatment you need

• Posted

Thank for your advice, I feel the same I'm always forgetting everything when I get their but I remember all the symptoms on the way, so I am gonna do a list now, then maybe the doctor will take me seriously.
  • Posted

Hi Lucy,

Angina pain is not sharp, this sharpness indicates muscle/musculoskeletel problems or even neuropatheic pain from the nervous system.

If you aren't getting the answers you want seek a second or even a third opinion. When they triage you in the emergency room that is the first question they will ask you....what kind of pain is it, dull,sharp , shooting, heaviness, crushing etc etc as soon as you mention it's only sharp pains you pretty well much guarentee your self a seat out in the waiting room unless the ECG shows something from that "Sharp" pain, Angina is a heavyness to crushing pain , cold sweat, and feeling sick with pain radiating to shoulders, jaw, back and arms, although not all symptoms will come, some people don't always feel sick as they don't always get pain in the shoulders. In women some can even have a heart attack wih no symptoms what so ever ( I realise you are talking about angina ) Hope this helps you out a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.