Thought things were turning up but now I feel like things are falling apart again

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, I know I've only been on Citalopram for only 5 days, but I started feeling better knowing I was getting help and trying to change things around for the better. Now I don't even care anymore I just want to lay in bed all day and not talk to anyone. Just when I thought things would start turning up I feel so low again and don't want to do anything besides cry and be sad Im having worse anxiety about everything and sweaty all over when will this end!! I just want to feel normal but that seems impossible

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Devin

I was exactly the same its normal to feel like this early on but it does pass !

I coudnt stop crying , didn't want to do anything, wanted to be on my own. Felt like I didn't fit in anywhere at all and was terrified I was going to feel like this forever!

But good news Devin it does pass.... You won't feel like this forever.

The fist 14 days weren't great for me but everyone is different remember , you may feel better sooner.

Stick with them . Posting on here helped me loads.

Take care x

• Posted

Hi Debi, I'm feeling that way as well. I feel like it's only gotten worse and worse as time goes on and now I have to be patient to see changes. Ah how I wish I could just feel happy and be able to smile by accident. How far are you in this?

I think I will continue to try and get support from posting on here.

Thank you

Dev

• Posted

Hi Devin

I'm only on day 28 but the first 2 weeks as I said I felt like I was getting no where.... But now I feel like a different person from the first 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong I've still a long way to go but they first 2 weeks for me weren't nice.

I just couldn't settle at all, when with friends I wanted to be on my own , when alone I wanted to be with friends, couldn't concentrate on tv, etc.

Even if you want to be on your own just sit with close friends or family even if you don't feel like chatting it's just good to be around ppl.

I took sleeping tablets at ngt to help me sleep so at least I was getting a good rest as wasn't sleeping at all.

It may feel like your going mad now loosing control but Devin promise it does pass . 5 days is early days but I kept thinking with every citslipram I take I'll feel better sooner.

Chin up you x

• Posted

Hi Devin 

pits normal to feel the way you do! I remember clearly feeling the way you do and it takes weeks and months to completely feel fine again.The first two weeks were bad and then episodes after that for about 12 weeks. To feel really anxiety free and.able to engage with others happily about six months . Just try and get through one day at a time and focus on small successes.like eating breakfast having a shower doing necessary chores and then have a rest in the afternoon. Distraction is a good coping skill. 

This is a long slow process to recovery but recover you will . Promise.

• Posted

Morning devin,

It will pass, it takes time, keep posting and reading to help you through the cr*p times.

You are experiencing your first high followed by a low, do not worry, accept this and always keep in mind the highs to get you through the lows as they happen. It works! This is the usual with Cita (well, for most of us anyway) and you'll eventually, sooner or later, learn to ride them.

I always kept (and still do) an emergency duvet downstairs because sometimes I would force myself to get up only to find downstairs was as far as I could get!

Keep posting that's the ticket! You'll find the answers here.

Hope you have a good one today!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Devin,

It does get easier just stick with it like people have said the first two weeks are very hard. I personally had highs one minute then some bad lows my mind was racing most of the time. and the side effects were hard to cope with my concentration was none existent. I did carrying on working just to tough it out and looking back on doing this it was the right decision for me.

I'm just starting my 4th week my 3Rd on 20 mg and am feeling a lot more positive I am talking to my wife a lot more now and am doing stuff around the house again.

I'm still having a few moments of anxiety and feeling a bit fuzzy in my head but these are getting less.

Stick with the medication it will get better you just have to give it time stay strong it is a battle with your self a lot of the time. I used this forum if not posting myself just reading what everyone else has gone through and that alone helped me through it on a daily basis.

All the best Kev.

• Posted

Hi Dev

How you feeling now any better?

Just remember everything you feeling is totally normal and you will feel better soon x

Debi

• Posted

Hi Debi, not feeling too good just want to sleep but I'm having weird sleeping patterns. Sad and really irritable all day long it's 10:20 pm here and in bed Trying to sleep and not let my mind go crazy!

Dev

• Posted

Hope you wake up to a better morning Devin this morning .Try not to let the dreaded thing beat you . Get up and set yourself some simple tasks to get through the beginning of the day which is always bad. Have a banana milkshake and keep telling yourself you are one step further to recovery. X
    • Posted

Thank you Felis, the encouraging words really help. Sometimes I feel needy and have the need to just want to talk to someone but don't have very many people to talk to!

Take care

Dev

• Posted

Any time Devin .It always helps to talk to someone who knows and cares.
  • Posted

hi devin23, I started cit on friday. i am totally with you here. imfeel like crap. i wish i could crawl under my covers and sleep. this sucks so bad. whats worse is i am on prac and have 5 days to work to pass this unit and it is doing my head in. i swear my nerves are humming. i feel so out of it.

it is a terrible thing that we wait till we are so low to go to the doctors to be prescribed this and then the cure makes us feel worse!??

im trusting that i can outwait the side effects.

hang in there. we are nearly half way.

• Posted

Hi Aussie, I am so with you. We have to just hang in there and wait it out. I am so glad we have each other though, everyone says it just gets easier and better with time as long as we stick to it! I can't wait for that time

I'm sorry about prac (I'm not sure what that is!) and work sad

How have your side effects been?? I haven't noticed much besides the weird sleeping patterns and just wanting to be in bed all day which I did before too.

Take care

Dev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.