Thoughts

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi girls, I just wanted to know if anyone has any kind of thoughts for example,thinking about things in general I wake up like waiting to feel unwell or thinking about death, or how I will feel from one day to the next..then if I watch the news and what happening across the world can bring on a hot flash, my sister calls me sudden and she is going about did your hear about the shootings ETC..now something like that doesn't help me it can be scary and because my hormones are all over the place right now I just can't handle bad news I suffer with Anxiety not as bad as I was but still trying bit to control me. 

3 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I don't watch the news. The world (the human word anyway) seems to be becoming a horrible place and I don't want to know about it. It is out of my control anyway, so I focus on what is within my control  - my and my families lives. 

• Posted

Hi Maria, yes I do think about everything you just listed and then some!!! It makes you feel like your losing your mind at times... I don't like the negative gloomy doomy thoughts at all I wake up thinking about it and can't shake it and then sometimes I cry . I guess it's just these wacky hormones.. And you are right the news and any little thing brings it on and boom there goes your ANXIETY for the day, just Awful I do try and change my thoughts when my mind starts with the gloom, sometimes i can and other times I'm just blue all day... Can't wait till this is all over hang in there for better days?

• Posted

Yes i had that bad but recently it improved - very dark thoughts in the morning. Apparently its best to get up immediately and eat something and watch something enjoyable steering clear of news.  Magnesium taken at night might help
  • Posted

Yes and exactly what gypsy said!  I was doing some things around the house this morning.  And of course, my mind starts with the doom and gloom, so I decided to leave the house and go do something else.  But every little pain or every little thing I eat is somehow killing me.  Then all of it just physically drains me.  I might have a good day where I actually smile about once every 2 weeks.  Can I be happy already.  ((Big hugs))!!  You are not alone sister
  • Posted

I'm so tired of feeling irritable and anxious and thinking negative thoughts that I'm so exhausted. Sometimes I just want to go away until I feel human again. I feel like I'm putting my whole family through hell. I am sick of being this person. Everyday I keep hoping that it's getting closer to the end of this and I can be happy again because at this point nothing is doing it and I'm fed up with myself. Like enough is enough already!!!

• Posted

Laura understand my girl my heart take off as any little thing people tell me,everthing can scare me..but I'm better I keep telling myself since I started all this hormonal crap I think it's Anixety that is controlling us most of the time,maybe the last symptom to go in the menopause,I find I can't take stress or anyone arguing at this time of life.

nobody will go through this forever we have to come out on the other side.

• Posted

Hi maria, bad thoughts can bring on intense hot flashes for me and the worst part of peri menopause by far has been the dark obsessive thinking and moods. I'v been on bio identical hormones for about 9 months now and am definately a lot better than i was but due to some personal issues I still have times when I can't control my thinking.

Sometimes its hard to know if its my hormones being stupid or that life just sux sometimes.

• Posted

Only all the time. I don't watch the news, but I'm on Facebook so it's in your face. It doesn't help that I work in law enforcement. I take Trazodone and the occasional Valium, a multivitamin, magnesium, and tumeric. I pray and talk to God. I'm doing ok now.

• Posted

I don't even like to make any long range plans because I never know how I'm going to be feeling. Recently had a few good weeks, now yesterday and today feeling awful again. I've just gotten to the point where I tell my husband it's just not a good day, and he knows what I'm talking about. 

• Posted

Oh boy does this sound familiar!! I used to get relief for at least a week or two, but now it's non-stop. I'm so tired of feeling like an outsider. I feel so alone and since I have no women left in my family to discuss this feeling of doom and gloom with, I feel even more lost. Like you, I can't even make simple plans because I'm not sure how bad I'll be feeling on any given day. Thanks for sharing your story. I know a lot of people talk about the physical symptoms, but the mental ones are the scariest to me.

• Posted

It really does help knowing I am not alone.  I hate it that we all feel so terrible.  Seems so unfair...like so many days are wasted.  
  • Posted

I agree Maria. Aren't we supposed to be enjoying life at this stage?? Now all we do is fret from day to day and it seems like even the doctors aren't sure what to do. It seems like it's hit and miss with their diagnoses.

• Posted

So far my 50s suck. I'm going to be mighty peeved if it doesn't get better soon!!!!!!! This all hit me out of the blue, thought meno might consist of some hot flashes and that's it. Now that I'm finally over thinking I'm dying of something, because if I was I'm sure I'd be gone by now, it's just making me so angry to feel this poor, it's just not fair. My kids are grown and gone, isn't it the time to be having sex on the dining room table? LOL!!! NOT

• Posted

Oh geez.  I'm 45 and pretty much miserable all the time.  And sure I am dying of something.  I feel like I look sick....and it scares me so bad.  How long have you been going through this?

• Posted

Little things going on since I turned 50. Hit rock bottom last year and a very bad year. I’ll be 53 in January. Just missed my very first period so maybe I’ll be coming out the other side soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.