Posted , 5 users are following.
These are some ideas I have come up with and I would like to here what you think.
I think a bowel is an intelligent organ. It seems to behave as if it is part of our brain.
Normally it sets up a rythmic action to pass waste from the small intestine but it can also increase the force of contractions if required. If it needs more assistance it sends a signal to the brain for more water and we are made to feel thirsty.
However, as with all complex intelligent devices the bowel programming can go wrong. It can become over sensitived and can over react to a situation. As with a hysterical child it needs to be calmed down gently and when better, needs re-educating on how to cope with a particular situation in the future.
To re-educate your bowel you must treat it with care and consideration for a long period of time so it has a chance to forget learnt bad behaviour of the past.
Your bowel has full communication with your brain.
1) It experiences shock and pain if you have a bad experience.
2) It can sense acidic or spicy food long before it has to actually deal with it.
3) It reacts aggressively, if given too much fat or oil to deal with, causing it to contract violently.
4) Some chemicals irritate the lining of the bowel causing the rythmic contractions to go out of sequence.
(antibiotics can cause problems by actually changing the bowel live chemistry.)
5) Even if you get depressed about something your bowel can become disfunctional and respond to negative signals from the brain.
6) The worst thing for us is the bowel has a memory.
It is for these reasons that medical examinations show there is nothing physically wrong with us when you have IBS.
To get better we need to change our habits, break the psychological cycle and de-stress ourselves.
Take life at an easier pace. Chill out and spend more time caring for ourselves. Eat little and often. Don't eat food which is to acid or contains too much spice. Alcohol is also bad news for your bowel.
Could you take it easy or are you a stress monster like me? If you completely de-stressed your life could you cope with the change.
Please give me you thoughts, you can say what you like as I will learn from it.
0 likes, 8 replies