THP What were you doing when dislocating your hip after surgery?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey Hippies smile

I'm afraid curiosity has killed the cat.  I can't help but wonder what were people doing when their hips have dislocated after surgery?

I'm still very scared this will happen one day when I least expect.

I am now 17 months post surgery and a few months ago whilst rolling over in bed I ended up in excruciaing pain and I though I had dislocated my hip but it was OK I didn't.  I've been told if a dislocation has occured you would have lost movement in your leg so I was relieved when I tried to move my leg that it was OK.

Has anybody had a similar close call or experinced a dislocation?

PS I love hearing everyone's stories smile

Beth

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Beth i was told if you dislocated hip i would not be able even

walk or move leg and is very painful. I had few times dislocated

shoulder and it hurt lots and i couldn't move arms at all. After about 5 times of my shoulder dislocation i end up to had

Operations. The dislocation of hip must be simile or even worst.

. Hug Madla

• Posted

Hi Madia,

Ouch poor shoulder!  When I had my close call the pain was really bad.  I can't imagine how much it would hurt to actually dislocate it propery.  I keep trying not to think about it and try to be careful.

Beth smile

• Posted

Hi Beth , dont think about it .we just have to be careful.

and go with ours life.

Hug Madla💗

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.