THR ache-y during wet weather

Posted , 3 users are following.

****I had THR a year ago, but since we've had so much rain, coldness and many cloudy days, my "new" hip has been feeling ache-y during this whole time Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

There are a number of possible reasons for the discomfort you’re experiencing. It might be a issue with the components in the joint. Or tissue surrounding the components not back to full strength. Or it also could be related to a conditions associated to the cold wet weather and metal components which have no blood flow to keep the surrounding areas warm. Many issues after THR are never discussed with hippies. I have also experienced what you have described. After a session out in cold weather it takes both my hips hours to warm back up. I have a warm pack warmed in microwave that help with the discomfort of freezing weather.

To find out if there are any other underlying cause, make an appointment to see your surgeon to have your situation evaluated soon.

• Edited

I agree with barbara. Warm it up. I use a heating pad and it really helps. Been cold and rainy here for days now and i feel the same ache.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.