THR - Pins and Needles / numbness

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi hippies

I've had my second THR (3 weeks ago) and this time (first one went great - flew through it), I've had a few problems. Blisters from the steri-strips which are thankfully now healing. But the one thing that is driving me nuts is what feels like pins and needles or numbness in my calf muscle, ankle, foot. Gets worse at night. To the point, it hurts if anything touches that part of the leg. This is in the leg that I got the surgery on. I had mentioned it to my surgeon on my 2 week checkup and he told me to take off the stockings - they might have been too tight. But no improvement.

Anyone go through this and how long did it last.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry, I haven't had that problem (yet). Just a knee that looks like an elephant's.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.