Thread for New Flu Users! Let's Support Eachother ❤️

Posted , 18 users are following.

Day 15 here. Have/had almost every single SE you can think of. Anxiety, nervousness, sweating, shaking, diarreah, insomnia, tension headache, oh and here's a fun one! My feet are constantly ice cold (despite being 20-30 degrees here in Canada) and they sweat. Like crazy 😭😭

Anyways, just want you all to know you're not alone and would love any new (or anyone still on the journey, really) Flu users to weigh in and we can be each others support for the weeks to come. We can share tips, experiences, and just offer love and support. Thanks!

4 likes, 582 replies

582 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Laura smile...

Day 2 for me and I'm quite surprised at how well I slept. That, in itself, is unusual for me even with the sleeping meds I have. I'm not sure if it's because the flu makes their effect stronger or if I'm just so relieved to finally be doing something about this bloody hole I'm in! Not expecting it to last mind you... Also feeling real nauseous but I'm not so bothered about that...

How are you today, I see you mentioned something about obtrusive thoughts! Am hoping it'll be just a blip for you... Sounds like you have a lot on your hands, like your kinda the glue within your family - can't be easy trying to cope with all this aswell!!

I wanted to thank you for the quick run down on what to expect, helps a lot. I've never been on medication like this one before so, forewarned is forearmed, so to say. Well, don't have much to update symptom wise, I think it'll take a while longer til I feel it kick in, good or bad... So I'm wishing you a lovely day...

• Posted

Hi Leng! Glad to see you're doing ok so far! I'm ok as well, maybe feeling a bit flat. But managing smile Got some stuff done around the house as well, like 5 loads of laundry that needed folding. I ignored that one for days 😂 Now just laying in the bedroom. That's become my safe zone these last few weeks. I need to try and break that habit because I'm no good tucked away in a corner of the house. Sat it out in the living room for a good chunk of the day so far.. baby steps.

Hope you have a great night and will report back soon!

• Posted

Ugh intrusive thoughts are the worse! Just have to remind ourselves it's not who we are. That's the anxiety trying to get the better of us! Mine are not as consistent as they were but still there. First few weeks of the paxil was the worst for me!

• Posted

We certainly spend a lot of time and energy trying to keep ourselves motivated, positive thinking, and convincing ourselves we are not crazy! Its just the med's. 

Now that seems a little crazy! 😏

How was your day John?

• Posted

Not to bad actually! 1 more day of work and looking forward to the weekend! Hope you're was ok!

• Posted

Ya, it was better than the start of the week.

Lets hope the weekend is good for all of us. At least you will have a couple of days off work.

• Posted

They totally are sad I'm definitely not used to them and they've scared the crap out of me a couple times now. Hope you have an awesome weekend! What state are you in?

• Posted

HI all, I am on day 11. First trial of antidepressants... was apprehensive about starting as you hear the horror stories. Day 3 I felt so spaced out, was a scary feeling, felt like a lost a whole day. Since then, I have had literally no side effects except sweating and lack of appetite. I have been sleeping fine so far, is this maybe as it is early days?? do some side effects come later on? Today is the first day since starting, that I feel incredibly flat in mood, finding it hard to hold conversations with work colleagues, feel I have nothing to say or contribute, feel quite spacy, is this the begining of horrible SE? 
    • Posted

Hi Louise! You are so incredibly lucky to not feel a whole lot early on ?? You may or may not get anything else, only time will tell! But if you do, just be assured that it's very normal, and feel free to come on here and vent to us whenever you need.

• Posted

thanks laura smile I do feel so lucky after reading some SE on here! Feel annoyed at myself for not starting them sooner... I was so worried about SE and being able to function at work
    • Posted

I totally get it. Going into the unknown is a scary notion! But we all get through, and 10000000% stronger than when we began. I especially need to remind myself of this today, on not such a good day. It gets better!
    • Posted

Hi Laura, I have had broken sleep all over the weekend and last night, yesterday I had a really dry mouth and felt sicky all morning sad I have noticed weight loss too. Had a lot of toilet action too!!! rolleyes How are you feeling today?
    • Posted

Totally normal I promise! I'm having a blah morning.. anxiety all over the map. What day are you on now?

• Posted

day 18 today, anxiety playing me up rolleyes managed to get some sleep last night x how are u doing now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.