Threadworm or something else 😞

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive suffered with the dreaded itch for 20 years! Ive been to the doctors on about 3 occasions over that time but there's nothing to see so they just send me away telling me not to worry about it. I've even been to the STD clinic for a general check and told them about the issue but they couldn't see anything wrong. I use steriod cream twice a week to keep the symptoms at bay. Many years ago a doctor gave me a worming tablet but it made no difference.

Ive since gone on to have children and all was fine until they caught threadworms... I treated them with Ovex but the itching stayed, I spotted another worm on one child so wormed them both again (twice) but they still itch! The dr has given them Trimovate because the scratching caused a secondary infection; they're ok while they're on the cream but the itching returns when the cortisone wears off. Like me, I have to apply it once every few days to keep them comfortable. This issue started back in Febuary! I've taken them back to the Doctors many times but they just say 'kids always get itchy bottoms' 'just use the cream when they need it' They've told me not to worm them again and the stool samples i sent were normal. We've seen every doctor at the practice and i've told them my fear that i've passed something to them but they tell me that i haven't, that they are very happy and healthy children and I need to stop worrying. I just can't accept that it's 'normal' to have to use Cortisone on my kids bums twice a week to keep them itch free. I haven't actually seen a worm since I wormed them for the second time but can't bring myself to look very often because of my anxiety about the issue.

I can't tell you how badly this is affecting my mental health, I live in fear that my baby will also start to suffer with the same issue and I can't even confide in anyone.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i feel exactly the same. i dont know if i can live like this. constant fretting about whether my 4 children have it. ive had it for 3 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.