Threadworms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I hope there's someone out there that can help me right now because I have threadworms and I'm coming to the point where I really can't do this anymore ! I've had theeadworms for around a week now (definitely feels longer) and I told my mum about it and she is going to buy some ovex tomorrow, the nights are so horrible I have been trying to get to sleep for a whole week now and have ended up only being able to get to sleep for a max of around 5 hours, I'm 15 and need a lot more sleep than that and I'm exhausted.  I've had threadworms previously in which I took ovex and they disappeared within a coupe days but I just want to know if anybody knew any tips and tricks for the irritation whilst I wait for my mum to buy the ovex and for it to work through my system. I heard eating garlic was good as it poisons the threadworms which I'm totally okay with because I'm garlic addicted and I've also heard that after taking the ovex I should use laxatives to help remove any dead worms from my system. Please help me I'm fed up ! Thank you sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Baby Powder.

Why?

Baby Powder can stop the irritation and kill the eggs. And it stops the female from laying until the powder wears off. The females lay again at night, aply the powder and the eggs die, keep doing this until the uncomfortable itchiness will go away once the pinworms die 

• Posted

I’ve heared coconut oil works a treat also, but the baby powder does help too, I’ve been using that to keep myself sane, although I should probably get a routine going with how I apply as I’m currently only doing it during a bout of itchiness, but I have also ordered some coconut oil online as apparently it’s good for all anal itches so we’ll see. If this works I’ll happily use it for the rest of my life 😂, the coconut oil can be consumed or applied to the anus, the baby powder is also good as it’s quite hot in the UK atm, sweaty season, sweaty anus means excruciating itch in public, BP sucks all that moisture up instantly and leaves you feeling normal for a good couple hours ?🏾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.