Threadworms - please help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all.

I'm looking for advice from people who have had threadworms. In July 2019 I started having intense itchiness at night out of nowhere. I then started having small white like things coming out my bottom, they looked like small grains of rice. I was in a student flat and we all took ovex, one of my flatmates only had itchyness but never seen any worms. I took ovex on numerous cycles and did the extensive hygiene routine, but it had no effect. I then moved into another student flat and the same stuff is coming out my front now. I was referred to the infectious diseases department with everything coming back negative however I still have this stuff coming out of me. My doctor seems to think that I did have worms however now he believes that i have some sort of inner skin condition however when checked out by a nurse everything was fine and normal. I just dont believe I woke up in July with a skin condition as I have no previous history. Has anyone had any history of having threadworms and then having another condition afterwards? Ive stopped doing the hygiene routine and I have lost weight. All my symptoms match the threadworm category. I've no previous history of stomach problems or anything at all and I'm not sure what to do next. No one in my new flat has this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah I don't really have any answers for you but i would just like to give my support since i really know how nervewrecking this s**t can be. Really hope that your doctors take you seriously and do their best to help you.

• Edited

what are your symptoms like? i have had this for almost 6 months now. it was much much worse at first and now i feel the symptoms just wvwey 5-7 days for about a day or two and not very long at all. but they are still there, i am sure. at first i would ovbiously feel them daily and it was terrible. I dont get why they wont die i have tried differrnt meds . now im working on my gut health. I am in a fb group online called Human Parasite Support Network, learned a lot there but there arent many with pinworms.

• Edited

just that crawling itch:/ I haven't actually fseen one for sure since when i first noticed that i had worms. there have been times where i think i saw them but wasn't sure. the itch can be almost all the time some weeks,others less and some weeks it's completely gone. I too think that the gut health is important in making it a bad home for theese worms. some people just seem to have a born-with capabilty to expel parasites while some don't:/

• Posted

oh haha sorry lydia responded without noticing this wasn't my thread XD

• Posted

hi there. For a while there i was having no symptoms from behind and just from my front. Now they are coming out again from behind and continuing from the front. I'll wake up and wipe myself and they will be there but theyre always dead and have never moved. When i use the toilet lots of dead worms come out as well. I also have a white discharge everyday. Has anyone found any remedies? I cant go back to my doctor and request for them to look inside me due to Covid so it will be a while before i can go back. Ive tried garlic and the human food grade stuff with no effect.

• Posted

I forgot to add that I had itchiness as well throughout the day and at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.