Thred veins after TKR

Posted , 6 users are following.

Morning everyone. A question. ...has anybody got broken thred veins in their post TKR? My leg is really bad I could cry ....plus I've got really bad varicose looking veins that are protruding bad too but it's only since my surgery. Admittedly my leg swelled so bad that the skin was actually bursting in parts my surgeon was shocked how much I swelled up

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Dear Shirley

Yes, I have! Broken thread veins on the inside of my knee and a huge varicose vein running up the outside of my leg which wasn't there before. Sometimes I'm not sure if the aching isn't down to that. My consultant told me that it should settle down and, in the last few days,.it doesn't appear to be as pronounced. Funnily (?) enough, my knee swelled up so much that it burst a couple of staples and about 1cm of the scar is struggling to heal. How many weeks post op are you?

• Posted

Hi mattie I am 14 weeks now I'm doing great at the moment I can do mire or less everything but I have a tendency to do too much then the next day suffer jyst like today after gardening yesterday
  • Posted

Yes Shirley, I have them too. Funnily enough I only noticed them yesterday and I have lots that are either side of my scar. Am just going to rub them with bio oil. My legs have always been a bit "veiny" - looks like I'm going to av a few more......deep joy! 
  • Posted

yes I have the thread veins, and I too had an elephant leg and I too had burst staples so there must be some connection,I have been told that things will settle, I am 10 week and no sign of that yet,best wishes
    • Posted

I'm 14 weeks dotty and mine seem to be getting worse. My surgeon said I will have to see someone about them but give it 6 months he said. ...great once the winter arrives nobody will see my legs! Oh well guess I'm not getting any younger either haha
  • Posted

Hello Shirley,

I am almost 11 months post TKR (I can't believe it!) I've been on this forum since I first had my TKR and this is the first time anyone has mentioned their varicose veins. I also have varicose veins and after my TKR I did notice that they were worse than before (in my TKR leg)

They have not "settled" down by any means and having them taken care of is something I plan to do in the near future.

Good luck "fellow varicose veins sufferer"

Betty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.