Three bowel movements today

Posted , 3 users are following.

Yesterday I had a breakfast bar and an apple for breakfast, a ham salad sandwich and a cereal bar for lunch, and a piece of salmon, some rice baked tomatoes for dinner, plus a piece of cake and some cream crackers and a ginger biscuit. Today I have been on the toilet three times, once in the morning, once in the afternoon and again in the evening. Each time it was sn enormous poo, not loose or difficult to pass. They were huge thick and long stools. I just wondered if this was excessive.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To really evaluate this, I would need at least 3 days' food diary and  history. But if this is all you have to go with then relax, it's normal. Once in a while, your gut decides to clean house, so what normally takes 60 to 72 hours to pass instead comes out over 8 hours. Everything sounds normal so far. Likewise, it's normal for some people to go a day or two without a bm.

• Posted

I eat this diet most days, and I go to the loo every day, twice usually, not three times.
  • Posted

Hi Peter,are you trying to make me laugh the more you put in the more comes out (did you weigh it)keep smiling.Not excessive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.