Three Cat Accidents....Permanently Disabled...now what

Posted , 3 users are following.

ASKING FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS ON ANY PART OF MY ISSUES PLEASE

I've been in 3 car accidents (none my fault) but they have left me with 7 herniated discs both cervical and lumbar, permanent nerve damage, loss of reflexes, degenerative disc disease, dvt from the neuropathy, massive edema, major migraines, radiculopathy (sp), muscle spams and now tremors, restless leg syndrome, insomnia from pain, and now fibromyalgia. I've done epidurals they don't work, I've tried physical therapy, I've had a facet block which didn't last as long as it was suppose to so not considered successful, was told I'm not considered a candidate for fusion surgery, and I take 16 medications daily including one for my acid reflux I developed from taking so many medications. My medications are getting too expensive 3 of them are $900 a month and i still have 13 more meds to pay for each month. One of these is Savella for the fibromyalgia. I've had almost every adverse reaction possible when I told my doctor I wanted to switch they just lowered the dose.....

I'm happy to share more of anyone had questions that may help pinpoint a better response.

PLEASE HELP ME! Does anyone have any suggestions to try for any of my issues. I can't image the rest of my life being like this.

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am reading an rereading All over again this discussion. You feel tired - oon top of all others Symptoms . Myself having GCA and some PRM

I am taking Vit B12 every other day and feel good now.

Take care.

• Posted

I take a multivitamin, complex b complete, niacin, folic acid, biotin (separately also for thinning hair), calcium with vitamin d, vitamin d2, and protein (around 50g a day). No change. And yes I'm tired on top of the other symptoms. I feel like I'm 60 instead of 32.
    • Posted

I started taking the B12 everyday then I started taking every other day.

Take care

I take Vit D 3 - 5.000 I.U. CoQ10, Omega 3, Folic Acid, Citracal, Centrum. etc

• Posted

All my supplements are prescription quality and strength. My vitamin d is 50,000iu every other day my multi also has all the others in it but i take an extra 1200 of b12 onto of that in the complete b complex. My calcium is 2000mg extra per day. I tried shark cartilage and glucosamine and chondroitin but with my GERD all I did was get really nauseated, so I discontinued those.
    • Posted

For sure we must follow our Doctor because each patient has a different health reality.

The important is to have a doctor orientation as we both have.

As I can see you are in UK and with the difference of time here in US is 1:20 am. biggrin

I am prepared to have a good night!

• Posted

Hi KMmva,how are your symptoms today?

You are right when you say it takes some time to find the right approach, dosage of medicines, exercises, diet, etc, etc to adjust our system to the issues we have regarding the differen aspects of our health condition!

Reading here the Forums we see it!

We are not alone though - at this same moment there so many people people going through the same suffering and renewing their Hope fir a better tomorrow.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.