Three steps forward.......four steps back?

Posted , 9 users are following.

So what's happened to me since yesterday? Boy oh boy my knee is stiff and very tight today. I knew it was going to be one of those days as soon as I got up (or at least as soon as my operated knee leg touched the floor!). I've massaged with bio oil, rested and elevated whilst using ice pack, had 10 minutes gentle cycling on exercise bike, taken medication........all to no avail. I'm 14 weeks post op this Tuesday......what the heck is going on?. My good knee "twanged" yesterday, so beginning to wonder if my legs are ever going to support me properly ever again. When will this pain ever end........soon I hope!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's very strange but I'm sure we are all th e same, early on i felt better now at seven weeks really fed,up.  Knee feels tight and uncomfortable, who knows what goes on inside our knee,  apparentky it takes  time and we need lots of,patience,   I hope you ar ok. Jackie 
  • Posted

Hi Pam ... things will get better but it will take time and a lot of patience. I'm now 20 weeks post op and still get stiffness and tightness when I least expect it. I've now learnt that this really is going to be a long healing process (was told will take up to a year) but after every incident when my knee stiffens up it feels easier again after a while. Keep up the good work as you will feel better with time.
  • Posted

LoL pam it happens Im 16 weeks and had my first physio last week because of that tightening stiffness . He strapped my knee and it was bliss it didnt seize up but has been doing since he took it off. He said my muscles are week and ive got inflammation in my knee grrrrrr. I bet when you get up tom its different again lol. Hopefully better??? Wel get there eventually. Keep your chin up!!
  • Posted

Snap Pam I know I'm only relatively new to all this being 4 weeks post op tomor but Friday just gone I went out for lunch at a nearby pub didn't walk too far had lunch walked back to friends car stopped off to buy a couple of things at supermarket on route home and boy have I suffered ever since?!! Sciatica back with a vengeance and feel like I'm back to square one pain wise? Hubby seems to think my bend is at 100 per cent! How the hell do I tell? Hope you feel better soon x
    • Posted

Hi Mandy,you can buy a Goniometer on Amazon,which you can use at home to measure your bend ect...x
    • Posted

Thanks Lou I've had a look and will get one now I know what it is lol x
    • Posted

Glad to help,having my tkr on wednesday morning,starting to get nervous now,hope you continue to improve x
    • Posted

You'll be fine honest it just takes a while to feel it good luck and keep in touch
  • Posted

You didn't have a huge change in barometer did you? Pain can will kick when you have summer storms as Well as winter ones and cold. I have been told that the weather will cause the soft tissue to swell as a protection of the joint I always look at about a 24 hr advance warning of the actual storm and depending severity, the pain can just about cripple me
    • Posted

Yes we did, very warm yesterday, cooler today and wet. Bless you, I knew you'd have an answer. Am just going to consult you for everything, stuff the doctors! Now, what can you recommend for my cellulite lol?!

On a more serious note, how's your recovery going, well I hope? 

• Posted

For cell ute I'd recommend not looking in the mirror!! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.