Three weeks after vaginal hysterectomy swollen belly

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I had a total vaginal hysterectomy three weeks ago and been feeling ok, back to walking the school and doing light housework but my belly is really swollen and i feel so tired but can't sleep at night, I was ok the first two weeks. Is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im 6 weeks post vaginal hysterectomy. I was bloated for the first 4 weeks; they pump your belly full of air, and depending on your diet , it may take some time to work itself out. when you go for your 4 week post op, mention it. They may want to check for an infection. Good luck, and I'm glad you are feeling a bit better 😃

• Posted

Hi hun.

Yes it is. I had mine done in January and i had swoll tummy for months after and im only 81/2 stone.

A lot has happened in there,pushing,pulling,cutting and stitching.

It takes 12 mths for complete internal healing.

Rest easyx

• Posted

Hi hun

Just to.not confuse ladies. With vaginal hysterectomy there is no air involve d unlike keyhole.

The reason for swelling is the work thats been done in the pelvic area.

The tummy swells up due to being on feet to.long also.

Xx

• Posted

Hi Paula, You could be doing a bit more than you should. concerning the bloating I realised after my surgery that squeezing one full lemon and mixing with warm water and drinking every morning before meal really helped me with that. perhaps it will help you too.

All the best with your recovery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.