Three weeks and still anxiety. Increase dose?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started at 25mg first week then doctor put me on 50mg. I'm in my third week and still feeling lots of anxiety. I'm still not sleeping well. I called my doctor and I'm waiting to see if she will improve a dose increase. You think this will help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi again, I personally think three weeks is way to early to even think about raising your dose, it takes at least 6-8 weeks to get full effect. My Dr told me if you raise your dose before that time you would never know if the mg your on will work or not. I’ll tell you this again like I mentioned to you the other day, I’m on 50mg for 8 weeks now and that dose works for me wonderfully. And remember only your Dr needs to tell you that you need to raise your dose. Just because some people need to raise there dose to feel better doesn’t mean it will work for you, speak to your Dr!!
  • Posted

I think it’s too soon. 

My GP said it can be as long as 12wks before you get max effect. 

Stick it out to 8 wks if you can, then see how you feel x 

• Posted

My psychiatrist increase my dose by 25 mg every week. He’s referring to several trials where 150+ is working for anxiety. So I’d definitely increase the dose.
  • Posted

I have to agree with everyone else. It took 6 weeks before I started to feel any affect from them. Give it another 3 or 4 weeks and if you don't feel any change go back to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.