Three weeks in, your experiences?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, I'm three weeks in to 15mg, and pretty meh.

What was happening for you guys at three weeks? I'm interested to know how you felt, side effects, your mood, and how things changed after three weeks and onwards.

Ant x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ant-

3 weeks in you should be feeling some relief and I'm sure you're sleeping better. I have been on 15mg for about 5 months and to tell you the truth, I'm not feeling all that much better today. I think my body is getting so use to it that it's not helping with depression and may be just helping with sleeping. Not sure what my next move is. I may see my dr and see what he advises. Good luck and I think 15 mg is a good amount.

• Posted

I'm experimenting with 15 mgs for 2 nights and the a 30 mgs.  Second week.  Next week will try 15 mg for 3 nights.  I'm feeling more anxious now on the 30 mgs. so that may be a good sign.  Let's keep all informed about our progress.  It helps to know what others are going thru.  No side affects to speak of Anthony?

• Posted

Not sure what you have said. Please clarify your post. 
    • Posted

Hi James:  In an attempt to get off of Mirt, I'm withdrawing from 30 mgs. (I've been taking that dose for over 20 years at bedtime).  My method is to alternate the dosage.  Say 1 30 mg. on Monday and then 1 15 mg on Tues. & Wed. and then back to 1 30 mg on Thrus = 2 night straight on 15 and the next night on 30 mg and then repeat.  I'm going to try this for a month. Since I'm feeling more anxious on the 30 mg., I may be able to just drop to 15 mg and stay on that dose for a while and then drop to 7.5.  Sorry my original message didn't convey what I was trying to get across.  Hope this one is more understandable.

• Posted

Had been on 15mg for about a year. One thing for sure is I sleep like the dead. Libido and sexual responce much improved. But anxiety still a major problem so increased to 30mg about four months ago. Libido took a major hit and anxiety about the same. I will be seeing my Doc on July 5th and hope to make a change.
  • Posted

Hi Anthony.Started on Mirt about 5 1/2 months ago at 15mg going up to 30 mg about  6 weeks later(15 am,15 pm).Also started Gabapetin about a month later and was being weaned off Paxil which I had taken for about 20 years.All this is for IBS and anxiety/depression with some nerve pain. So my side effects may be from the combo.Anyway I was a little foggy at first but it settled in after about your time period.The 15mg at night really helps wind me down as I'm in a stressful job situation and am a high anxiety person anyway which flares up my IBS pain which the GAbapetin helps some but the Mirt is better.As you continue on it should get better if your taking it for anxiety/depression or just to sleep.Unfortunately everyone reacts differently so your symtoms could be different.Good luck aand God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.