Three weeks tmrw since left tkr ...

Posted , 5 users are following.

And my Physio is already talking about manipulation and it has scared me to death.  I know the bend still isn't brilliant but I'm working on it.

Do they sometimes say these things to spur you on?

Really scared of more intervention.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi rolleyes

How are you?  Very early days yet and I am sure you have a good physio so ask questions...why ? Tell them about your concerns and I am sure they will be able to re-assure you.

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Lynn, you really don't need to upset yourself especially as your only 3 wks post op, just keep up with your excercise plan & it will get easier as you go along & the bend & your range of movement will improve, everybody recovers and heals at a different rate, so don't feel down about things, try & keep positive, if your unsure of anything or worried have a chat with your physio or your GP, good luck
  • Posted

Thanks for the encouraging comments.

My physio for hydrotherapy is great - obviously very experienced, but it scares me when she keeps referring to 'the six week window' and I'm half way through it with a bend of only 75 degrees.

Should I increase my number of physio sessions?  Only one a week at the moment.

• Posted

I'm sure with some regular hydrotherapy sessions things will improve, warm water is a wonderful thing, check with your physio but I'm pretty sure if they were worried they'd have suggested it by now? Don't panic & overdo things as you'll end up creating more problems for yourself, keep your chin up & stay positive 😀
  • Posted

I had manipulation under anaesthetic about a month after my TKR. It helped to get  more bend and was not too  painful. Mine was complicated by PVNS,  but the principles are the same. Don't be worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.