Throat

Posted , 10 users are following.

Have BX for two years.    Lately I have terrible ticklish throat.    Almost choking.     I run for water or cough drop.   Anyone also have this

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes! Usually cough up a good glob of junk immediately following the tickle/choke sensation.
  • Posted

I've had it sometimes, especially when I already have an infection. Does the tickle make you cough a lot?

I've been on Singulair (montelukast) about a year now, and it helps with the airway inflammmation...but it also makes me secrete more, so I have a much 'wetter' cough.

(Ever feel that there's no happy medium with this?)

• Posted

I don't get the tickle much nowadays. With me it means i may have been skipping some steroid inhalants, or that my mucus is too thick to get up & out.

• Posted

I think it may be the phlegm in the back of your throat. Try to cough it up.
  • Posted

When I was first diagnosed with BX I had that same symptom, not so bad now since I've been doing ACBT( breathing exercise)and prescribed steroid inhaler.

With me it was that the Airways were very inflamed and when too much mucus is produced it was irritating them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.