Throat /digestive issues

Posted , 8 users are following.

morning all !!

ive read alot on hear of woman having that 'lump' in throat feeling , ive had it last year and took omeprazole but made me feel sick it feels like ive got mucus / bile constantly in the back of my throat ,

no real heartburn , ive been googling ( which for someone that suffers from bad health anxiety is not a good thing ) it sometimes makes me take deep breaths too ! and trying to clear my throat is a pain , Is it allergies as like i said I had it last year around this time but also on and off throughout the whole year ! sometimes i feel abit sicky with it so then i start thinking its some kind of cancer ! is it stress related i wale up most mornings feeling really anxious ? i dont want to go back to doctors as getting myself in a state thinking its something bad !! Anyone else get this alot ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

and to also add keep burping alot !!

• Posted

I have this feeling all the time plus I get a burning sensation in my throat. I was diagnosed with Burning Mouth syndrome about 6-7 years ago. All hormone related . I google also and it never gives you good news. Try not to google although thats a bit hypocritical coming from me haha you are not alone in this x

• Edited

Hi,

Lump or tightness sensation in the throat is likely due to stress & anxiety. It has been hitting me for many years & it always flare up whenever I feel anxious or stress out. Hormones add to the problem too. It's not a medical issue so stay from the doc. Try to relax and do deep breathing exercise.

• Edited

That was me for 7 months last year. Google this....Globus Hyseria. relax, try to understand it's most likely peri/menopause related. I just blew it off as that and stopped Web MD everything and it finally went away and has not been back. I went to dr once and was also prescribed anti anxiety med, which seems to be the common theme for us ladies....well I refused to take it and instead decided to relax n chalk it up to menopause. I'm 51. Get better soon n know you're not alone. Hugs

• Posted

I have had the same for the last 3 months, acid reflux, causing sore/tightness of throat, belching. Started 20mg of Omeprazole but didnt work. Drs suggested increase to 40mg a day. Reflux seems to have reduced, less belching and no sore throat however now have pain in solar plexus area. Not sure if this is due to meds. I have lost my appetite. My tongue doesnt seem to be so tender now so i wonder if that was due to the acid returning. can this really all be hormone related. i was on HRT, for about 9 months but came off them a week ago as worried these were causing the reflux.

• Posted

i have terrible health anxiety. i think the worse all the time. this is really worrying me, ive never had reflux before and it just doesnt go away until taking the omeprazole however concerned what is the cause of the reflux !? dr referring me for endoscopy .... dreading this.

• Posted

same here my health anxiety is through the roof !! And going by replies and comments , stress and anxiety can be a big factor !!

Cause i think about it all the time its always there ! omeprazole makes me feel sick so sticking with gaviscon ! just want it all to go away !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.