Throat irritation

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last 4-6 weeks I have been experiencing what feels like a sore throat at times and then other times it feels like heartburn that seriously just lingers for the most part. It comes and goes sometimes but its there most of the time. No medicine helps this. My doctors want to do an endoscopy but because of the corona virus and my swollen tonsils they refuse to right now because its not considered an emergency and is it not safe. I also get this pain on the right side in the middle of my back and stomach its achy and sometimes sharp, it comes and goes. Does anyone else have either of these issues or have had??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

yes I have gone through similiar symptoms! Have you found anything out??

• Posted

I just randomly woke up with a sore throat mid-April. Swollen tonsils, red throat, the works. Urgent care said it was anxiety and allergies and gave me sleep medication. my school tested for strep, covid and mono back in April. All negative (or so I thought). They tell me I have viral tonsillitis and it'll go away in a couple weeks.

I go to an ENT a couple weeks later and they said my acid reflux was so bad it was prolonging my sore throat and gave me pepcid and told me to see a gastroenteroligist. I see then in a few days. In the mean time, the school tells me I have a high platelet count so I make an appointment with them with a different doc they have for over the summer. Turns out part of the mono test came back positive.

When you say "no medicine helps [your heartburn]" what do you mean? Have you taken it and it hasn't done anything or are you sure there is no medicine you could take? Pepcid has helped me so far with my acid reflux and heartburn, found out yesterday I am allergic to omeprazole. The doc said cases like mine will probably last around 6 months total. It gets worse before it gets better. So maybe your on the better end of it now?

I'm sorry I'm rambling so much. Howre you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.