Throat lump sensation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Oky soo about 3 days ago i was sitting in the car with my friends and I suddenly started feeling a lump forming in my throat i started freaking out and couldn't breath properly soo I started to freak out even more any way its stayed for an hour or soo and stopped its been like that for the past few days today was even more continues but i have no problem swalloing (maybe cuz i have an exam tomorrow and im nervous) thats what im trying to convince my self with but i did the worst thing ever I googled my symptoms and i got everything from muscle disorders to throat cancer and it say there that if u feel any difficulty swallowing see a doc soon soo now im confused do i have a difficult swalloing or do i not I also have an eye twitch in my lower right lid . My family wouldn't let me see a doc again

Im scared and not sure what this is im feeling

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This is just a symptom of anxiety.

Try focussing all your attention on the sensation until it subsides, it will get worse for a minute or 2 but then it will pass and will make you feel calmer.

• Posted

I get the same feeling myself. It come and goes, and at times really freaks me out. The feeling of a lump there seems to always be there, but sometimes my throat will feel as if its swelling up, and its terrifying. I believe myself its nothing. I feel as if it was something serious something bad would of happened as ive been feeling like this for awhile. I can still eat and drink with no problem. Even when the lump is there. Look up Globus hystericus that might be what your experiencing.
    • Posted

I did look it up but u still don't believe that thats what i really have
  • Posted

Hi this can also be from lack of sleep do try not to worry. I get it quite frequently. Try out some meditation this helps a l
    • Posted

A lot with anxiety and being tired etc.
  • Posted

im sure your worrying over nothing,it sounds like anxiety,(im no dr tho)but if you would feel better going to drs then go smile why dont your famiy want you to go? ive said on here beforee googling symptoms is the worst thing to do...im guilty of it aswel and it only makes me worse. I can look on it for hours lol 
    • Posted

Cuz everytime i went to a doc about something i don't believe them when they say i have nothing and i start thinking that my family is hiding something and its an all new drama all over again soo my mum thinks i should only go about my anxiety i knowww it makes me more aware of every movement in my body it's scary
  • Posted

Its most likely anxiety but if you have some pepcid available take one. It could be reflux from the anxiety as well. 
    • Posted

Yaaaaa i have horrible reflux i doo take mids for it and it gets better
  • Posted

Hi. The technical term is globus sensation. I have suffered on/off for nearly 2 years. It's really horrible, I never suffered from anxiety before this. I went to ENT to get it checked. All I can say is it does get better if you try to relax, but easier said than done.
    • Posted

Actually when im relaxed i feel nothing and now know that aloot of ppl have the same makes me feel much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.