Throat pain for a year--new symptoms recently

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm a healthy male in my 30s. Basically I started getting a bunch of symptoms around this time last year. All of them went away except for the throat pain. I saw an ENT in February iirc who scoped me through my nose and into part of my throat and found nothing. My GP told me it was probably globus sensation and would go away once my antidepressants began to work.

The pain still comes and goes, and it's probably a 1 on a scale of 1-10. It can travel up and down the left side of my throat, sometimes hits the right. It feels a bit scratchy usually.

Lately I've also had what feels like the pressure from acid reflux without the burning sensation, as well as left ear pain, right around the hole but it seems superficial and is not really achy. I've also had pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear.

Obviously I'm here because I'm fearing the worst. I'm getting a little worried because of the length of the symptoms and the antacids not helping much.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have the EXACT same symptoms.. seeing my ENT for the 3rd time next Tuesday. I will let you know if he comes up with anything. I have two ultrasounds of my neck and a scope down my nose and endoscopy. . something has to be causing this! so I get it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.