throat problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have a problem each day with my throat. i keep feeling that i will not be able to swallow and that my natural reflex action of doing so has stopped.

people say it is globus hystericus but i feel it is a physical condition and not just my mind. obviously my panic attacks are making it worse but i definately feel something is not right. i have seen a private doctor who has started to massage my neck and says i have a problem there such as throat spasms. i am so confused. i can't seem to go anywhere as i am so scared that i will die. any thoughts or views will be appreciated.

S

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Whilst it is very reassuring to me that others have the same thing as I do (strange feeling in my throat near the larynx!) I am very sorry to hear about how some people are really suffering daily with this condition. I am just about to start following \"The Liver Cleansing Diet\" as per the book by the Australian doctor Sandra Cabot. I am sure that my throat does feel worse after eating some things (eating sweets unfortunately makes it worst for example) and this diet sounds like a good thing to try. I will post another letter if the diet helps! Take care all of you!
  • Posted

Sorry Susy - my previous reply must have sounded very inpersonal! I was not sure if the reply went staight to you or was just posted generally!

I hope you are feeling better this month.

• Posted

hi,

just wanted to thank you for your reply.

this is a very late response. hoping the liver cleansing diet is working for you.

my throat feels the same. it really puts a hold on my social life.

take care

susy

• Posted

Hi I suffered from this for many years, Try accupunture, I was on medication for it to help me relax but it made me drowsy. You will need about five sessions but trust me it is it worth it
  • Posted

hi thankyou for reply. i am sorry i am so late in coming back to you. you mentioned accupuncture. did you have the same symptoms though. difficulty in swallowing. don't know enough about accupuncture. where did the needles go if you don't mind me asking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.