Throat problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone, are anyj of you suffering from throat problems plus pain in your ears, I have been fir a scan to rule out throat cancer which thankfully it has, but still having symptoms, as usual people telling me it's down to Fybro, thank you. Julie.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hiya hun this can also be the meds you take iv been on mirtazapine for ten years and over the last couple ov years iv been haveing realy bad problems with my ears ringing snd hurting and now they takeing me on mirtazapine and putting me on citalopram hopefully they will do the work good luck hun liz x
  • Posted

Hi Julie, yes I have throat problems. Sometimes feels like I have a hair stuck in my throat, sometimes feels like a lump when I swallow and also like my throat muscles are tight. Also the timing of my swallow is a bit off sometimes, so I choke more easily on liquids. This only started at the same time as the fibro so must be down to that. Hope that helps you, to know there is someone else the same.
  • Posted

Forgot to mention I also get a sharp pain in my left ear on and off since the fibro started. Thankfully it's not there all the time
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for answering me, seems exactly the same as my symptoms, not happy that you are suffering with this but helped to know quite possibly it is fibro, iv been quite scared, Thankyou x
  • Posted

Hi juie

I ended up end of last year with swelling of the throat/ neck.  Sent for scan to rule out anything nasty and been told its throat nodules.  Nothing to worry about. Even today its still swollen and I get a harsh voice occasionaly but i know its nothing serious. First they thought it was to do with thyroid as i also have hypothyroidsm but  it wasnt. Doc doesnt know if its related to fibro or not! Hopefully you get some results soon. Take care susan x

• Posted

Dear juie71916

Your throat and ear problems sound like an infection. Do the problems come and go?

If your doctor has put it down to fibromyalgia then maybe the fibro condition is due to a reaction by the body to some bacterial presence.

Best wishes

Brenda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.