Throat worries

Posted , 2 users are following.

So brief history.  On June 6 I went into my doctors office to have a lump on my inner lip looked at.  She said it wasn't cancerous and wanted to try some meds first.  Then I was referred to an ENT after those didn't work and he diagnosed me with a mucocele.  This mucocele was then removed on July 2.  

However, During this time I kept googling and worrying about it being something serious.  I began checking my throat and mouth almost every hour or every day. for months.  Ever since the mucocele and me checking my throat constantly I've experienced a inflamed feeling in the back of my tongue and throat.  I've felt like pieces of food were getting stuck and what have you in my throat.

I'm attaching a photo of what it looked like a month ago.  It hasn't changed much since but I'm still experiencing similar symptoms.

Should I be worried?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I also had a mucocel, which grown on the inside, between my cheek and my teeths, due to my braces. It had to be surgically removed(simple procedure). I also remember that a few years ago I had something similar on my lip, same place, each autumn and spring(when I didnt drink enough water or I caught a cold).

Also, isn.t that the uvula?

• Posted

Yes, I was speaking more of the back wall of my throat.  I don't know if all that is normal or not.

• Posted

sad ok..I am not doctor. But a good doctor could tell you(specialized in ear- nose -throat doctor)
    • Posted

True.  I was just wondering if anyone else had a throat that looked like mine.  I've been to a ENT and he says everything looks fine so I guess I gotta trust or go to a psychologist. lol

• Posted

I totally understand you..I also think my lateral tongue looks diferent..sad I have to see someone, because google doesnt help this time
    • Posted

I'm assuming someone who has been to years and years of school knows if something serious is taking place.  If I was you I would go see an ENT like I did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.