Throbbing feeling

Posted , 5 users are following.

6 weeks post op from A&P and seem to suffer with a slight throbbing feeling, nothing major but it never seems to go, could this be the stitches! 

Ive had a couple of slight infections and had the anti biotics for this,but this is not the same pain as I had with that.

I have also started my pelvic floor exercises yesterday as was told by my consultant to wait 6 weeks before I started them, and to be honest I worry that I'm not doing them right, but armed with a leaflet off the hospital and a YouTube video have been trying my best. My post op is on Monday so I will hopefully feel better once I've had that and yesterday my own GP issued  me with another sick note for 8 weeks which was for a lot longer than I thought, but luckily work are very understanding re this op and hubby thinks the more time taken to recover the better.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks to everyone , this discussion has given me much information as I move into 4 weeks post-op. I too am blessed with a wonderful husband that has taken over most of the household tasks. I slowly do a few things , but cautiously watch myself to not overdo. I rest a lot and amazingly it has given me much quality time, reading, encouraging others, etc and shopping online to!! Lol

Thanks Matron for the information on the stitches inside me. I'm blessed to of had a post-op appointment with my surgeon 2 weeks after my surgery and next one first week of December. I think he's going to set me up with a therapist to help me with the exercises.

Blessings to everyone and a complete recovery to us all.

• Posted

Hi Kay, Jane here. I'm now 8 weeks post op and trying to do more think

gs but I too have pain when bending down to pick things up and I have walked the dog a bit too far just now and am suffering for it! I have my post op appt on the 10th December and hoping to go back to work after Christmas on a phased return. I am a headteacher so need to be 100 per cent fit so am worried that this is too soon. I was wondering if Matron can give me some advice about phased return. I am 58 years old and have just resigned from my job and leave in July. This op is certainly life changing for me in a good way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.