throbbing vein (back of head) pea sized area PLEASE help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

?For the past year 

waking in the morning is worse, the back of my head in one perticular place is throbbing with pain,

?most nights it wakes me up and i have to shift my head in a different position to stop the throbbing

?

everytime my heart beats, it hurts.

it goes away if i move my head into a different position

then comes back if i move my head back

almost as if i can trap the vein and block it and make it throb

?im really worryed about this becuase it seems to be getting worse

?self clicking my neck seems to help, i think

?im really worried its a brain tumour

?The image uploaded (red heart) is the exact position and it feels deep not on top of skin

Please can somone help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions to help, but I get that too, but on the other side, I have started calling it my evil twin because it is like a htrobbing lump of pain that never goes away. 

• Posted

Hi Jake, sorry I haven't got a more positive reply but just to let you know that I am suffering similar to you. I have been a migraine sufferer for over 40 years but the last few years they have got worse so for the last 2 years I have been on Pizotifen which seemed to work but since Christmas I have not had any more than 5 clear days in a row. My migraines always used to be one sided but now they can be anywhere. I also wake in the morning with a migraine and I have been experiencing a back of the head pain to. It was so bad on Saturday that I thought my head was going to explore. I to wonder if it is 'just' a migraine or something worse so I phoned our out of hours number but they just went through a check list and as I wasn't having any other symptoms just referred me back to my GP. Fortunately, I do have an appointment with my neurologist in May so hopefully something might get sorted. Hope you are able to see someone and get yourself sorted out but it would appear all us migraine sufferers are in the same boat. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hii kath,

What's the update on ur treatment, did u get any positive info. On it.

My is also suffering from same kind of symptoms, she doesn't sleep in nights due to the pulsating vien back of her head, i couldn't see her going through this pain.. some time I feel like crying watching her. Please give me a solution, at least tell me what it is..

I wish we all get cured and go on a vacation !!

Thank you guys now I feel I am lonely !!

• Posted

Well, I saw the neurologist in May. She wasn't overly concerned, recommended that I double the amount of Pizotifen and referred me for an MRI scan was came back clear. Since then my migraines haven't got any better, still getting them at least every other day. Came off of the Pizotifen for about a month because it's not making any difference, headaches no worse, due to see the GP next week. I'm at my wit's end, fortunately sumatriptan works for me so most of the time if I take one at the very start of an attack I can usually get on with life but I am losing sleep waking up in the middle of the night, most nights because the sumatriptan takes about an hour to work. So sorry, no good news :-(.

• Posted

By the way, My mom doesn't have migraine but she only sufferes from the pulsating vien back of head which doesn't allow her to sleep,

Thanks man !!

Please let me know if there's a positive news !! ;(

• Posted

did your mom find out anything, I have the same symptoms so I'm following.

• Posted

I am so sorry to hear about your condition, I would like to give you a small ray of hope I'm presently working on a project which will address issues similar to your condition I will keep you posted it will be approx 11-18 months out I Will stay in touch with you.

sincerely

ENRIQUE AKAZPLUMBER

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.