Throiyd under and over active

Posted , 4 users are following.

i am 50 years old i suffer from over and under active throiyd i tahe reagular medication

but my pain in my shoulders and neck is always there i dont suffer from any other disease

i only throiyd

any specil diet i have to follow and any vitamin tablet or any massage cream please please let me now if any body suffers from throiyd over and under would really appreciate it

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried sleeping with a neck support pillow or only one pillow . Neck pain as far as i know is more about age and wear and tear in the neck than Hypothyroidism. You could try an anti_inflamatory cream to massage in ( ibruprofen gel)

Lynn

• Posted

LISA, you are not alone and YES it certainly has to do with your thyroid! i have the same thing, never had a problem with neck and shoulder pain until graves disease 2 years ago and i have yet to have normal thyroid levels! ive spent so much money on purchasing different pillows, massages, creams. nothing works. do some reasearch and talk to your doctor, there are several muscle diseases associated with thyroid disease, its extremely painful and very debilitating. good luck and GOD bless

• Posted

HI Lisa,

First, i am sorry to hear you are suffering. You are not alone, and I know all to well your struggle and discomfort.

I have GRAVES DISEASE. Began hyperthyroid and then meds made me hypo and now i feel i am going back to hyper again. I was just diagnosed this past FEBRUARY. I also have constant shoulder and neck pain as well as back and hip pain. The thyroid controls everything in your mind and body at it can be absolutely awful. I used to sleep on my side but it just became too painful.

I take regular medication for my thyroid, but I also take vitamins D3, B12 and IRON. after months of pain and discomfort I recently learned about Turmeric Curcumin.. After reading about others with hyper and hypo thyroid conditions finding relief from the supplement I had to try it. I definitely feel a major improvement. Make sure you get a brand that is 100% PURE TURMERIC POWDER. I did a lot of research to make sure I got a reputable brand and found one that also has black pepper extract. ALSO, my doctor told me his wife took the supplement every day so that made me feel even better on starting the supplement.. It is all natural.

I hope this helps you and you find some relief soon!

All the best!

• Posted

I also forgot to add diet! I am GLUTEN FREE now. Basically, I was desperate for relief. I avoid seafood because of Mercury. I Also use only sea salt and avoid any high sodium foods. I eat lean chicken and beef and a lot of fruits and vegetables. ALSO, no soy. I just read labels and try to avoid processed foods. NO GMO. I tweaked my diet around how food made me feel. I definitely noticed the difference without GLUTEN.

I KNOW its a struggle. I MISS so many foods. However, the way it made me feel was just not worth it.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU FEEL BETTER!

• Posted

thanks you do much kimberley i will try gluten free diet that will help thanks you do much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.