Thrombosed hemorrhoids and blood clot.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All.

Tis post might be graphic to some, and  my English not perfect to start with.

25 days ago i when to the doctor over severe pain in my anus.

The doctor after looking back there redface determined external thrombosed hemorrhoids  (but i  might have internal too doctor didn't look deeper redface.

Any way, doctor prescribed Daflon and creams witch i took for 10 days,and the pain gone away.

25 days later I still feel the external hemorrhoids if i touch them, the seem like the blood is drained or absorbed they feel like kind of almost empty sacks.

My concern and anxiety started yesterday when i poo ( after 4-5 of not being able to due stress )  and i saw bright fresh blood on my whipping paper,the blood was quite an amount but i didn't panic cause i thought "hemorrhoids" what else? 

But today panic strike when i visited the toilette again and blood  in the paper was bright red and fresh but with a small blood clot, or bloody mucus on it.

Is this a normal finding when having thrombotic hemorrhoids? 

I forgot to mention that i'm on Serc ( Betahistine ) to treat vertigo attacks and that i suffer from General anxiety Diesorder as well,  if that has to do with anything.

Any knowledge over your experience will be highly appreciated.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Was the cream with steroids ? I had same issue and it take s several weeks to repair. Diet helps no straining ot lifting. Stay with food that don't cause constipation. Smoothies can be a alternative &. protein shakes otc. 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply,and advise.

Unfortunately the medication i take (serc) cause some indigestion  

i'm As for the cream i used was a herbal one,i don't ever remember is name.

I'm dreading go use the loo today,i'm no so scared over blood but the clot puzzled me.

• Posted

Hi drink plenty of water and have a high fibre diet. If still having problems I would go back to your doctor and ask for an appointment at the hospital, also ask how long for the hospital appointment it would be. I had grade 4 internal and also tags. I have had the internal one removed and tags also cut. Operation for me was not as bad as what people are writing, everyone is different. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.