Throw in the towel?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey group, I am really sorry to wine I am just at my wits end though. Today is the day to make some decisions. I need to decide what exactly my course should be and frankly I need help .

For one month I was on 10 mg which did not touch my anxiety and made me feel awful weird and drugged. I have now been on 20 mg for three weeks today. I am not as spaced out or drugged but I do feel very weird.I have a very detached feeling from my surroundings and even my own body. It could be the anxiety or could be the medication but I don't remember feeling this way before.

A lot of the side effects are very distressing like the headaches in the stomach upset but I can deal with that. I just need to know if things will improve or if this is just not for me. Have you been there this long in and things didn't get better?

I am trying to put in the work on myself also with therapy to find the root cause of my anxiety but feeling this weird makes me crumble every day.

Once again I am sorry to wine but this group is been very encouraging and I have nobody to talk to you with any of the same experiences. Thank you all.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

At 3 weeks on 20 mg I visited my GP and my main concern was tiredness - feeling sleepy all the time. Also had stomach pains high up under my ribs.  2 weeks later and both have gone.  I think when you up your dose you experience similar side-effects to when you first start taking the medication.

It's different for everyone but it does take along time.  

Good luck

• Posted

Hello they do say give it 6 weeks for feel the benefit ive just upped my dose to 40mg from 30mg and i did also feel very spaced out and confused ditached from the world very horrible feeling im on day 17 on the increase and still feel weriod and got a tight head but im going to stick it out for another few weeks maybe 5 -6weeks but i do feel alot better then what i did 2 weeks ago. Xxx
    • Posted

I think I should do the same. Just so frustrated with this feeling but I need to get well . I'm so happy to hear that you were having some relief

• Posted

Thank you . U will to it just takes time and different for everyone . When i first took them i didnt see any inprovement for about 6 weeks. I no its horrible and u want to feel better like now but it will be worth it in the end ☺ keep going youve come this far i beleive in a week or so u will feel alot better xxx
  • Posted

You are not wining because I know exactly how you feel.  I have been on citalopram for about 5 years and first it was fine but then about 9 months ago started to feel sick, dizzy and no appetite.  Doc said to cut down from 20's to 10's over a period of a few weeks.  Have been on 10's for about 3 months and still have the same side effects.  When I see the problems these tablets cause I am surprised that they are still being prescribed. Good luck and I hope my little moan will give you some comfort.

• Posted

Walter anxiety is absolutely crushing -that horrible feeling when

you open your eyes in the morning. The citalopram is making it worse.

Keep with the therapy get into self hypnosis and meditation and get

out walking there is a life that doesn't involve a little tablet.

Crossing my fingers for you brother.

Plus their is no wine like a good wine - STAY STRONG !

• Posted

Walter i just started taking anxiety medicine and i know how you feel i have only been on it one day, and i dont know how i wlll be able to do 2 weeks. The side affects are bad, but Anxiety is bad as well.  Why couldnt they have a medicine that does not cause all these side affects. I feel lonely and sad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.