Thrown into Menopause!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy when I was 26 I am now 57 yrs old. Three years ago I suffered two mini strokes and now was diagnosed with hemiplegic Migraines. After my hysterectomy I was placed on Premarin estrogen therapy and remained on it until my mini strokes when I was taken off of it abruptly. Since then I have gained 30 lbs, have been depressed, terrible mood swings, dry skin, hair, nails, etc. not to mention the unbearable night sweats and the ability to cry at almost anything even something stupid like two puppies playing on tv (geez)! Has anyone else been in my situation and if so how have you coped? My family would appreciate any help they can get LOL

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, weeks ago I really did not think I could cope anymore, and truly I have been through so much over the years, but I ran out of coping anymore! I am 50 this year, I had a hysterectomy at 28, and was not allowed on hrt, over the years whilst trying to bring my 3 children up and work, I was in and out of hospital with suspected strokes! I spent years working, not being able to work, became a single mum, got in debt! Anyway I have struggled with health on and off, but the last 2 years have been hell! Here are just a few of my symptoms! Serious migraines, constant spaced out dizzyness, loss of speech, disgusting taste in mouth, exhaustion beyond belief, bad eye sight, , numb hands and feet, pain in joints to where it makes me cry, severe and I mean severe lower back pain every single day! Sobbing every day! I have had tests galore, I do have a fantastic doctor, they believe this is mainly hormones, even though after my hysterectomy I contracted mrsa, which they diagnosed me with m.e and fybromalgia, every kind on medication has made me unwell, even certain vitamins to not agree with me, they are now trying to get me on a low dose of amyltriptalin 10mg, but I am just frightened to take them as cannot bear any more side affects to my very fragile body as it is, weight gain as well and I hardly eat!! I feel as though I am in the darkest place, it truly helps to read other ladies are going through stuff, but I can honestly say I feel so alone, even though I do have wonderful children .. that want to help, but when everyday I am in so much pain, and honestly feel at deaths door, it's so hard to want to fight anymore... xxx

• Posted

Well done. You are a STRONG LADY. You need to be strong for your children. I hope all will be ove one day and you will be without pain and wake up to everyday with happiness and enthusiasm.
  • Posted

Also suffering multiple symptoms daily since my hysterectomy 4 and a half years ago (in the extreme the last 2 years) and constantly trying out new vitamins herbs foods rituals holtistic medical the works! to try and help ease up on some of them and try to function to some degree of normality with the busy demands of life. I use the 'moments' or few hours of normality to try hard to stay positive before the 'waves' of horribleness come about (I'm yet to experience a whole day of feeling 'normal'wink . It really is so hard to deal with, and so much worse for us all as our bodies obviously need loads of rest but we're not in a position to give it that. I really beleive that the medical profession needs to some how work out how to assess and treat the fluctuating hormones needs of each individual woman. Our bodies are crying out for help but there seems no clear cut help for us as ive found most things work for a while but at some point we end up in the same boat. Wish you strength through all of this...there are ladies on here that have confirmed it does get better!

• Posted

Ps i didn't mean to put that random smiley face..I've got blurred vision at the mo (another regular symptom)

• Posted

I feel your pain. I did not have a hysterectomy , but I have all the symptoms now that I am 50. Stress is the cause of most of them I think, not as much as menopause.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.