Thrush

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been type 2 about 6 years now.Treated with metformin.In April of this year I was prescribed dapa to take in a morning.Everthing was fine then about a month later I started with thrush.No matter what I do eating wise it will flare.I'm virtually eating nothing now.Drinking eater anything else will trigger it.Its got to a point were I need to see my nurses but the worse thing when Iv not got the thrush I have never felt as well.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If your doctor cannot help with medications then you need to see a naturopath who will advise you on what is triggering it and how to eat to avoid this.  Usually it is eating too much yeasted products like bread, even drinking wine or beer and eating too much sugar.  Once you have got rid of the infection you can then implement a new eating regime.
  • Posted

The Side effects of Forxiga (dapagliflozin) may include:Hypoglycemia –if taken with sulphonylureas or insulin.

Thrush.

Urinary tract infections.

Increased need to visit the toilet (polyuria)

Pain when urinating.

Changes in levels of blood fats.

Lowering of blood pressure.

I know you say you are on Metformin but it's worth menyioning it to the doctor who prescribes the dapagliflozin to you as it is a bit of a coincidence..

Ypu could also ask to have your Vitamin B12 and Folate levels tested as Metformin affects absorption of B12.

I wish you well.

• Posted

Thank you Clive Iv had my cit checked b12 was fine but but vit d was very low 13 when it should have been over 50.But once I was prescribed vit d after 3wks.I felt wonderful I must have been low for a long time.You have no idea how I suffered achy bones, muscle weakness the list was endless.I do however live in the north west.At the moment doctor's are on a purge to check people and as my go explained the amount of people coming back with low results is overwhelming.But as you say it's deffinetly a visit to the surgery this week.Thank you for your advice.

• Posted

Just checking but your not on any inhalers or prednisone are you? Because they both can cause thrush in your mouth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.