Thrush & periods?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i had thrush about 2 weeks ago but only just got the cream for it (nhs is slow lol), but i'm now on my period and i dont know whether to use it or wait until my period has ended.

It is the cream that you apply outside the vagina, not inside

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

2 weeks! That is too long to wait to treat thrush. I would have bought my own cream. They sell it at all the supermarkets now. The problem with the cream is that thrush can hide from it in the nooks and crannies of you vag and then come back. That happens to me. The only way to properly get rid of it is to take a 150mg oral fluconazole capsule then another 3 days later. It is ok to use the cream during your period - you ed to start treatment asap.

• Posted

thankyou, and i only waited because i wasnt sure if it was thrush or not. Will start treatment right away and be liberal with it lol. Thankyou!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.