Thumb surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

HAS ANYONE HAD THUMB SURGERY?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

yes i had the cmc with tendon repositioning on my right side 18 months ago my pain in thumb and wrist has decreased a little (still

painful) and i still can't do many things. I now have terrible forearm pain that i never had before. My doctor had no explanations or solutions.

• Posted

Donna7349, have you gotten any relief yet? I am not in a lot of pain yet but my Dr says I'm a good candidate for thumb arthritis surgery. I take it from what you've written you wouldn't do the surgery if given a second chance?

• Edited

I am still in pain . I actually believe the thumb is better than before surgery but my forearm (where the tendon was harvested) still causes much pain i still dont have strength in that hand either my left hand is now way worse and I'm delaying surgery

But to be fair, i think most people have success . I am in the minority

Good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.