Thumping in right ear

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, have just loined group and hope I can help (group was "Rapid thumping in right ear"  https://patient.info/forums/discuss/rapid-thumping-sound-in-right-ear-258497

I have read all the posts and find this really interesting as this has just started for me. I have Bsc (psych) and my dad was an ENT ( Imiss him).

This right ear thumping has recently started for me and I have tried the following

1.  Washing ear

2.  Continued popping of ears

3. Using oil to maybe desolve wax (note.. used what I had which probably wasn't the best!  Cooking...  olive should be fine but both should achieve the result required)

All of no real result.

Having read all of the posts (and with a good psych degree) I have noticed that stress and anxiety seem to pop up more often than other issues such as tinitus.  To have a thumping like this in the ear (especially the right ear for some strange reason) seems somewhat odd to say the least.  Note: I have yet to try magnessium.. 

What you should know is that I am at the moment experiencing a very stressful time and under treatment.  This is when it started.  I have, at this time of writting taken a couple of extra anxiety tabs (still within tolerance, don't worry) and awaiting resuls.  I also drink a few wines but this is not a precuser.  I think .... maybe ... could be anxiety, depression.. or just a complete coincidence.  However, the posts have suggested that depression / anxiety may play a part.  I will certainly be seeing doctor to examine my ear (to rule out a physicological problem) and also try the magnesiam.  For me it appears too coincidental that this is a difficult part of my life.  Once again I am so sorry my dad is gone and the conversations we could have had about this!!  Perhaps it would never have started in the first place.  My advice for others is this

Stick your finger in the ear canal (someone else said this and it does work for me)

Try the magnesium treatment

See GP for a quick look into ear

If streess / anxiety a problem, get that sorted (that is easy to say I know) but try.

This is starting to drive me mad and I WILL find the answer for me and share.       pardon any bad spelling

Cheerfully yours

John (jcdc)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Me again, in the mantime jusy stick a finger in your ear for temporary  relief. works for me.  Hoping u too
  • Posted

Me again..   20 minutes on from taking an extra valium.  NOT THE ANSWER TAKING MEDICATION ok?.  I  have left this forum during this time and started watching a movie (an old favourite).  Tried to forget these conversations.  My thumping has reduced and on way out.  How can this be?  I do hypothesize this MAY be associated with stress and anxiety.  But not the answer.  If I am indeed correct then the cause is what needs to be addressed.

I hope you forgive my unauthorised experimentation without controls

Post script...   thumpimping has now gone.  Anti anxieties ARE NOT THE ANSWER OK!!!!!  This is pychosymatic I believe

Remeber that plugging a finger in your ear is easiest temporary answer.  Hoping it works for you

• Posted

ok, bad spelling above aside....   the extra diazapane has done the trick.  But what does that say?  not an answer for me but really intrested in what you might to say.  remeber, if it's really hurting, try just shoving a small finger in the ear canal.

END

• Posted

Oh, I forgot..  your not alone smile
  • Posted

End suspended...   Update....

After extra Diazapam my right ear problem ceased.  But everytime I came back here to write it does seem to re-emerge but much less.  Ths post probably indicates it's a psych issue.

Good luck and tahnk you for reading this waffle smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.