Thyroid?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I’m wondering if my thyroid could be causing ocd or intrusive thoughts? I haven’t got it tested but my family only has depression and that’s it. rolleyes I just feel crazy and uncomfortable. I dealt with depersonalization first and then the thoughts came. But I’ve put off tests but I’m thinking I should. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's not a major issue to get your TSH, Free T3 and Free T4 tested.  Even healthy people should have this done at least once a year.  I would ask your doc to do that.  In my family, no one had thyroid disease until much later in life.  My brother had hypothyroidism and I developed Graves.

• Posted

I’ve always had hormonal issues but never to this point. I feel like a bad person I guess, my anxiety and depression is out of control. But hard to afford right now especially without insurance.
  • Posted

I believe there could be a link, Jessica. Search the net and you'll see other complaints about it. A girl here said she lived with fear until she got her thyroid under control. I agree with Linda. Get your thyroid tested and make sure they do all of the tests Linda mentioned.

Feel better xo

Jaye 

• Posted

Thank you so much for responding I was losing hope that there was a connection and I was just a crazy person. 
  • Posted

I should add too: my story 

So about 8 months ago before my period started I would get really bad anxiety and not be able to sleep but I never really had that problem before. So then right before I started I would get nausea and throw up, and then it happened again expect two days before I started then i went on a trip I can’t remember if it was before or after but I got really sick where I was just couldn’t eat or when I did eat it felt like I had an allergy attack or something?? I went home and everything started feeling weird like hazy? I had a weird pressure in my head and again got worse before my period, and then I felt like I wasn’t real, it really freaked me out and I didn’t know how to cope with it. Then I started getting all these scary thoughts, uncomfortable I don’t even want to say they made me so uncomfortable to the point I started throwing up in the mornings at least two weeks before my before and then three. I’m only 21 but it’s really effected my life and I can’t afford to go to the doctors at the moments but the thoughts are becoming bad and it goes in a cycle and gets worse before my cycle but I still can’t seem to get rid of them. Also I started on 10mg of Celexa about almost 9 weeks ago but I’m still struggling with them as well as anxiety. But is this all hormonal or am I just gonna go crazy? It freaks me out but I don’t know what to do. Then it became maybe I have diabtes, maybe I’m capable of those things, maybe I’m schizophrenic, I can’t handle it though and it’s pretty much ruined everything for me because it’s hard for me to cope. Also it gets worse before my time of month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.