Thyroid

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi my doctor has reduced my thyroxine by half after a recent blood test but i feel great on the dose i am on just now my resting heart rate is around 52-57 . i am worried that if i reduce it i will start to feel unwell . what should i do ? any advice would be appreciated .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thyroid medication can be very temperamental so I would say if it's not broken then don't fix it, but I am not your doctor. The best advice I can give is to give it a try and if you start feeling less well or getting side effects, make sure your doctor knows. Your doctor will expect some symptoms of hypothyroidism and fluctuations as you adjust to your new dose, but if symptoms do not resolve then you will need to convince them to fix the dose. Personally my doctor was very reluctant to change my dose so I recommend articulating your symptoms well and be persistent.

• Posted

Heart rate changes with every move you make. Its always good to get more than one checkup of heart rate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.