Thyroid area bothersome during menstral cycle day 1

Posted ,

So yesterday, I began my cycle and at night, my the area around my thyroid was bothersome for a short period of time. I was anxious because i was taking 2 advils that i thought i took too early and plus my body was getting tired and I wanted to be up and going for a bit. I called a nurse about if taking 2 advils was fine to take after every 4 hours and she said it was. So I said "Ok so I'm fine then". Then the area where my thyroid was bothering me and plus i was cramping and then I got sick. Plus, before the cycle I had a swollen right eyelid(it wasn't painful or anything of that sort, it was just swollen so I did do the cool compress and the eyelid is slowly but surely going down). There were other occasions where my thyroid area was and it was bothersome to some degree here and there. It would feel like I had mucus or something so I would try to cough. Sometimes it would also feel like it was slight pressure or like something was expanding in my neck or something..it's kinda hard for me to explain it but on the bright side I'm gonna see my doctor the following week. Has anyone had this issue in terms of the thyroid having that weird feeling that I described? I hope what I had said made some sort of sense possibly.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.