Thyroid disorder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

For several months I have been going through a lot of health issues that has yet to be diagnosed... 

My doctor has done many tests on my for my heart, brain, lungs, and thyroid...

Basically he has put me on lexapro and called it anxiety.. I’ve been treated for anxiety for 2 months and not seeing any difference. 

The main reasons I keep coming back to thyroid is all my symptoms fit, has have a lot of neck pain - in the front and sides of my neck, lightheadedness, all day fatigue , hair loss, chest pain, hot flashes, and shortness of breath, and panic attacks. 

My doctor has done a couple blood testsand did a 24 hour urine collection 2 months ago but nothing came back abnormal. Could a thyroid disorder have been missed? 

Please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My wife had the similar symptoms (not hair loss or anything extreme). But She had experience fatigue, panic attacks and minor pain around neck.

What she did is take ashwagandha medicine which help with anxiety, we did things that she feel happy and less stress overall. I tried to provide as much as help and mental support to her to feel good.

Basic exercise and bush walks to refresh her mind, started helping and her panic attacks has gone no (thank god for that).

she also did some neck, head and back massage to relax her stressed tissues, and also salt bath to remove any negative energy. You can also try salt room therapy, salt spa to relax your body apart from medicines. Lot of thing is related to how we think and feel.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Have you had tests ran for parathyroid such as PTH along with calcium and vitamin D? Calcium is usually included in general labs so may check past levels to see any changes and compare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.