Thyroid Disorder

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.. I am a known patient of HyperThyroidism (for about >2 yrs) with Hashimotos Thyroiditis (known since last 4 months). I am about to be 28 . With 50 mcg Thyronorm my TSH level is always around or greater than 11. With 75mcg Thyronorm for 2 months, my TSH came down to 0.08.

I am intolerant to cold as well as heat. I have muscular pain most of the times, anxiety and nervousness keep following. I am lean despite having high TSH in the past.

Please suggest !

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have Hashimoto's and it takes years for it to develop the true symptoms of a low Thyroid or Hypothyroidism. Sometimes the body goes from being low to high as the gland is being attacked by your immnue system. Hashimoto's is an autoimmune disease and for some unknown reason our bodies attack the gland making it useless at a late stage. The intolerance to cold, weight gain, tired or fatigue fits with low Thyroid. Your symptoms sound like HYPER signs, like intolerance to heat and nervousness, and a high TSH. I was 27 when first diagnosed with Hashimoto's and I am now 54.  I went back and forth for a while and then it calmed down and stayed low. All thyroid patients can have muscle aches and pains, with low or too high. I think you will have to get yourself a good endocrinologist and be aware of the Hashimoto's part of it.  Are there nodules on your Thyroid?  Did theytest you for Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis?  Do you have a family member who has Hashimoto's, because it runs in families.? Sometimes your meds will need to be played with until you can find a  happy balance.
    • Posted

I have no idea about the nodules on the gland. No tests have been conducted for Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. My parents dont have Hashimotos and I am not aware about my ancestors.

Thanks a lot for replyying. I have been experiencing symptoms of both Hyper and hypo. Doctors say there is nothing to worry about. Its a common disorder. But I know deep down its affecting my mentally as well as physically.

• Posted

Hi, I can sympathise with you, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidisum 4 years ago at the same time as the menopause, put on 50 mg levothyroxine and hrt, I have been so ill since then, I was refered to endocrinologist who really did nothing apart from raise the medication, I thought I was going to have a heart attack, phoned the endo who said to lower it back down, I have also been tested for lupus clear, I also have arthritis in spine and hands, had scan on throat nothing, had camera up my nose nothing.

last blood test showed tsh under the range which is possible hyper, but I also have hypo and hyper symptoms, similar to menopause symptoms,

hot and cold intolerance, tiredness, muscle aches and pains, hair like straw and losing it, lots of weight loss gone from size 16 to size 12 in 2 months still not gaining even though I am eating. 

Constant headache, gassy, panic and anxiety, brittle nails, itchy skin and scabby head, symptoms of flu like symptoms.

i am at go surgery nearly every two weeks, keep saying its a virus. 

I am fed up with the whole thing, on antidepressants it's got that bad.

i hope we find some resolve soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.