Thyroid issues?

Posted , 5 users are following.

It was suggested that the symptoms I am experiencing could well be thyroid related. I haven't had bloods done as I'm waiting to go home to my long term doctor to have them done there. It was originally diagnosed as anxiety but if it turns out this is just anxiety I'll eat my hat. 

Symptoms started early December and were constant dizziness/ lightheadedness and heart palpitations. These are still present, however I can't sleep anymore (wake up about 3 times a night) and have done for about a month. I wake up feeling really hot, sweaty and a spinning head. Sometimes just doing normal housework (washing up for example), I'd sweat loads. Never had a problem with this before

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you get blood done, most doctors will test for TSh however this blood test does not give a true picture of each of your thyroid levels.  You should ask for a break down of Free T3 & T4.   Also saliva testing is a good test that will show all your thyoid levels & sex hormones, but can be very expensive.   Do some research on both of what I mentioned so you know what is entailed.   
  • Posted

How old are you hun? It maybe Premenopause if your of age.
  • Posted

If you are hyperthyroid it is good to have it checked ASAP.  If your resting heart rate is normal -- below 80 beats per minute, there may not be so much concern, however.
  • Posted

Hi have you had bloods done yet? I have been having palpitations and sweats for a few months now and trouble swallowing things like bread, when I press my throat near thyroid feels a big tender. I am menopausal so put sweats Down to that. Went to gp again today as have had virus since xmas and now have a chest infection and have bad palpitations, gp said today if palps etc not gone after finishing antibiotics to get blood test done for thyroid.t o be honest I am pleased that it is something like that as have been panicking about  throat cance and heart proble etc. I hope you got sorted out. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.