Thyroid issues or something else??

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the past two months I've been sick every day and in and out emergency room. Previous to this felt great for months no complaints. Dec 15th that all suddenly changed. Experiencing all day long internal tremors that are mild and increase during the day and leads to a very high heart rate and very high bp (170/99) Iam only 28 and typically a have a great bp of 120/80. I wake up in the morning feeling extremely jittery like I had 10 cups of coffee and full body aches. Iam hypothyroid. With hasimoto and my labs have been werid lately. With this my current endo does not think what I'm experiencing is thyroid related. I haven't taken my meds in a year.ive been to er 4 times in one month and all blood work there comes back normal except thyroid. Thyroid ultrasound came back normal as well as a ct scan for tumor on andrenal gland. What is wrong with me? Iam suffering everyday

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Let’s review tha facts:

You are hypothyroid

No meds in a year 

Blood test “weird”

Does your Endo know you are off the meds? What do you mean by “weird”?

Time to take your symptoms to your regular doctor. Heart issues are not something to leave untreated.

• Posted

Thyroid blood test werid as in my numbers showed I was both hypo and hyper thyroid. Primacy care doc knows nothing. He did basic blood work and a echocardiogram which came back normal. Had at least 7 EKG done. All normal.
  • Posted

Can you post the test numbers? Hypo and hyper? Need to see the numbers.

your problem could be anxiety.  Mild sedative could help.

• Posted

Unfortunately I don't have the results infront of me on paper. But my tsh was very high and either t4. Or t3 was normal. Can't remember but I was told by endo it was hyper and hypo numbers. I was given a rx for a few xanex at my last hopsitsl visit and it does calm me but it does NOT take away the internal shakes. I have them all day long even when I'm smiling and laughing. They are not like jitters either. Completely. Different. They become more aggressive as the day goes on and causing my body to tense up. Than I freak out and that's when blood pressure goes up. Sometimes my heart doesn't race and it will be just my bp. That does high

• Posted

Hi Amanda, if everything shows normal in the labs, seems like the first step is to thoroughly look at the thyroid stuff. If your thyroid labs show out of range, you definitely have a thyroid problem.

As thyroid disease progresses, the thyroid gland sputters and toggles between hyper and hypo. Thus could explain some of your symptoms.

However, with thyroid disease (most often autoimmune) it’s important to address the core cause if you want to slow disease progression. 

In addition, many other problems such as prediabetes, low magnesium, vitamin D, B or other deficiencies can mimick and contribute to thyroid symptoms.

Finally, there are many diet and supplement changes you can make to support your health.

• Posted

All basic lab work they do in hospital comes back good. My thyroid labs always come back different. One time showing hypo and hyper thyroid numbers and the other showing just hypo. The internal shakiness is intense and all day long. No matter if I'm happy or what I'm doing. Idk if thyroid issues can cause internal shakiness?

• Posted

A good chance it’s thyroid as you have high TSH and have stopped the medication. Why did you Stop?
    • Posted

Just started to forget and than stopped over time and before I knew it I hadn't taken it in months months but felt fine the entire time off of it. All these medical issues I literally woke up one day sick and its been every day for 2 months now

• Posted

Just seen a new end to get a second opinion. She laughed when I asked if I can be hypo and have hyper symptoms. Said the blood work would show if I was hyper. Im hopeless and lost all faith in doctors, meanwhile I suffer daily...
  • Posted

Your endo seems to have a very lassaiz faire attitude about this which makes me wonder if he doesn’t know you are off your meds. With thyroid issues you can’t just forget or choose not to take your meds especially if your TSH is high. It’s no wonder you are having issues. 
    • Posted

Just seen a new end to get a second opinion. She laughed when I asked if I can be hypo and have hyper symptoms. Said the blood work would show if I was hyper. Im hopeless and lost all faith in doctors, meanwhile I suffer daily...
  • Posted

• Posted

Amanda, It’s pat for the course for thyroid patients to have difficulty getting a diagnosis. 

I’ve had difficulties on every level, as have many others. 

The medical group I have is so bad that a doctor is suing because their “protocols” make it impossible to diagnose and treat patients. Their policies are basically, diagnose nothing, dole out pain pills.

• Posted

Why have you lost faith in doctors? You “just forgot” to take your meds? Gimme a break! 
    • Posted

No doctors have said what I'm experiencing is my thyroid. Two endos said thyroid is fine ur just hypothyroid and have no idea if my symtpoms are related to thyroid. The problem is that no one knows what is wrong with me or even has an interest in finding out hence faith lost.....

• Posted

Amanda, I have to laugh with you. Your docs say you’re hypothyroid but your thyroid is fine? Get a new doc!

Also do an online search for symptoms of hypothyroidism and compare your symptoms.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.