Thyroid labs and biopsy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!

Maybe someone here can put my mind at ease. I am in my 20s and was diagnosed with hashimotos hypothyroidism at 11 due to having a significant goiter and very off levels in my blood work. Since then I've had a decent time with it until recently. So at my yearly I mentioned some issues with some pain and pressure in my throat and my Dr did an ultrasound that day and found that I have 4 nodules that will need to be biopsied next week.

With my family history I am very nervous because thyroid cancer does run in my family. I was told that my bloodwork looked ok but I noticed one of my numbers is out of range. Should I be more concerned?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My tsh is 0.7

T4 is 1.13

Thy glob is 310

Thy glob AB is 1

• Posted

Hi Taylor, no point in being concerned about something that might not be.

Instead, spend your time and energy researching dietary changes you can make to help your thyroid, as well as supplements. Avoid foods known to be goitrogens, etc. There are so many things out there and so much more information available in the last ten years. You don't have to be destined for the same future you've seen some of your family members go through.

• Posted

Please try this diet my fiancee had this sort of trouble and I put her on a diet of all the height protien foods and told her not to eat the following foods-

cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and turnip!

the reason you don't eat these foods is because your immune system is attacking your thyroid thinging it's an invader in your body so you have to lower the foods that feed the immune system to be able to put this problem right! The way I see it you have nothing to lose by trying this diet?

my fiancee was on this diet for 4-5 weeks waiting for her next appointment, the bloods at this appointment were normal, the doctor was surprised at the results!

This deit works for 85% of ppl best of luck Taylor 

• Posted

Hi James, thanks for posting. I was able to get the thyroid problems into remission for a time period. I believe it was due to a diet high in clean meat protein and vegetables, along with cleansing and weight loss.
    • Posted

Cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli are all part of the cruciferous family and are known goitrogens. So thyroid patients should avoid these. Strawberries are another goitrogen.
    • Posted

My fiancee eats what she want now as she doesn't have a thyroid problem anymore we have a beautiful baby boy whom is 17 months old and she has more energy than me now but before she was tired all of the time!

how she can stay awake most of the night through baby and do all the housework the next day I don't know lol!

well I will be putting a website up about foods that heal! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.