Thyroid maybe?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For years I have had issues that were thought to be Thyroid related but I’ve always had normal levels when my dr has done testing.

Rewind to about 2-3 months ago. I began gaining weight and experiencing high heart rates. I went into my dr on the 19th because I’ve gained 18 lbs. On top of this, I have extreme night sweats, and hot flashes through the day. I am experiencing heart rates in the 120’s sitting. I have bad abdominal pain brought on by gas. As well as an irregular period. The Dr ran my TSH (ultrasense) and my level was almost non existent. At a .079. I went in to see my actual primary on the 26th to go over things and come up with a game plan. She ran a boatload of tests including rerunning the TSH, a thyroid panel, Lyme panel, and CBC. My thyroid level jumped to a 1.14 within a normal range and T4 was within a normal range. She no longer wants to follow the thyroid (or any other it seems like) lead. She has now sent me for a halter monitor. I don’t know what to do but I’m truly convinced it’s my thyroid. It explains everything!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.