Thyroid, Migraine and Exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a chronic migraine sufferer, since I was 10 or 11.  I have seen 4 neurologists, 2 in UK and 2 in US, they have been unable to find the cause.  I hoped that the menapause would resolve the problem but not so far.  I am now 53 and postmenapausal.  When the migraine hits I can have it for 5 days.  It may go with use of Naratriptan but is back when I wake up the next day.  I was diagnosed with low thyroid 5 years ago and take 100mcg daily, I still have tiredness, hair loss, too much weight etc.  Recently I have started exercising to help aid weight loss and found that a couple of hours later I get the throbbing headache and feel nauseous. This is after plenty of water and a light meal before and after working out.  I don't know if this is due to the thyroid.  Has anyone had the same problem?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Shelly.  There are certainly a few things there to look into. I don't drink alcohol or coffee. I will check sugar spikes and blood pressure straight away and speak to Dr about the others at my next appointment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.