THYROID NODUAL FOUND PLEASE HELP!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I have been scanned and had been said that I have cysts and a hard nodual on my thyroid said it was small but did not say how small. I have to say I am extremely scared reading up on things on Google and am sending my self into a serious state of depression.

I am 32 year old male I have 4 children and all I seem to think about is leaving them and it's killing me. I went to the doctors for a scan on my lump on my side and also because I felf like a pinch on my throat, as mentioned the scan can up with multiple cysts but only found out I had a solid nodual when I went to the doctors something I was not told in the scan. I have my blood tests results tomorrow to test the function and also at 5pl I have the scan at hospital and possible fna 

Can anyone tell me the facts and what this means for my future as I keep thinking the worst what ifs 

Thanks 

Sean 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sean,

i had a very similar situation 4 years ago with a growth on my thyroid that was eventually starting to choke me. I felt fine in my self with no adverse symptoms but with an ever growing collar size that needed sorting. After numerous consultations and opinions and ultrasound scans i had no alternative but to have the thyroid removed completely. I spent 5 days in hospital and a few weeks recovering and have been living a very active and normal life since. I take thyroxine daily and simply ensure that i have a blood test every few months to ensure that my medication is doing its job. One lesson i learned was to do as much research as you can since during my time i have found that your normal gp is not so knowledgeable about some of the symptoms of thyroid disorder and tends to treat the symtoms rather than the cause.  Your diet and your lifestyle will have an impact on your bllod results so just try to understand what the tsh, t3 and T4 levels mean. Your body will require a specific dose or supplement of thyroxine that is right for you. 

One thing is for sure, if you need surgery, dont leave it too late as it is a very complicated process around the neck with lots of associated risks involved.

regards,

kevin

• Posted

Thank you for the swift reply Kevin, with mine it feels like someone is pushing against my neck sometimes raising my voice to tell my children off often feels draining. That's the other thing I worry about if I have to have surgery I'm not a good pill taker. Do you worry it will come back?
  • Posted

Sean I understand how you feel at this news and how it effects you. I can tell you that if we were all scanned I am sure most of us have cysts that we would not be aware of otherwise,the majority are harmlessand are removed in order to stop an obstruction if that is the case. The medical world has advanced to such an extent and thats why we get to know all these facts which are hard for us to understand when we are not in the medical world. When you go to the doctors ask if they or you can write everything down for reference in terms you understand. Try to think positive,you are needed by your children . Best Wishes to you...Chin up....
    • Posted

Hi thank you appreciate your positive attitude, and I am honestly trying to do the same thing,  I've always been quite morbid in the sense I always think the worse, unfortunately in this case I am doing just that, I hear no one really does from thyroid cancer unless untreated for many years, but then I read other sites and its a little different to why I read before, I don't know what's the facts and what's not, the doctors are not very clued up when it comes to this I feel like I have no choice but to put my life or health in there hands but I do not trust them 
    • Posted

When you understand the outcome of all the tests etc, if your not happy ask for a second opinion, you do right in not to trust, study as much as you can on the options available to you. It is your body not theirs and you want the best for you. Instead of being a lamb to the slaughter go ahead armed with all the information at your fingertips,you will be suprised at how much better you will feel and will learn.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.