thyroid nodule 1cm with microcalcification

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi, I'm new to this group and need some advice or anything that will help me decide on my situation! I'm schedule for partial removal right lobe of my thyroid! No findings of thyroid cancer but Endo told me there is a 15 to 30% chance. 1st biopsy no finding bec. not enough cell and 2nd biopsy are inconclusive with follicular lession. My nodule is less thsn 1.5cm in my right lobe and ultrasound result is with microcalcification..My surgery is 3 weeks from now and thinking what if my nodule is benign. advice pls..

0 likes, 5 replies

Report

5 Replies

  • Posted

    I'm not sure what to tell you.  1.5 cm is the size of a dime.  I have 2 nodules the size of pencil erasers, had 1 large cyst with 2cc's of milky fluid (benign findgings) and a tiny cyst with fluid.  They're going to check mine every 6 months for a few months with ultrasound.  The only reason the large cyst was drained was because I'm a former Stage IV cancer patient (Colon and then a 1.5 cm spot on my liver 3 years later).  

    I like to turn numbers around. There's a 70 to 85% chance this is benign.  

    Report
    • Posted

      thank you dianne, my worried is the ultra sound result that the nodule is solid, hypoechoic and with microcalcification. I dont want to have a surgery but i dont want to ignore the suspicious u/s result.
      Report
  • Posted

    Several friends and 2 aunts have had full removal of their thyroids and told me it was the easiest procedure they'd ever had.  

    Report
    • Posted

      I hope and pray everything will be ok on my partial thyroid removal this end of Apr . thank you dianne
      Report
  • Posted

    I visit today my family doctor regarding the result of my chest xray. I was so thankful because the result was normal. My lobectomy is schedule on Apr. 27 mext week due to my RL nodule 1cm. with microcalcification amd Hyphoechogic

    My docrtor was surprised why i decided to do the surgery he told me to get a second opinion first and decide after bec. it was too small and there is no final finding of malignancy on the biopsy ( biopsy result FOLLICULAR LESSION OF UNDETERMINE SIGNIFICANT). I worried about the ultra sound findings and the biopsy result of FLUS. .. Please help give me some advice.. thank you so much!

    Report

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up