Thyroid nodule

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm new to this board, about myself I been diagnosed with thyroid nodule 1.0x1.6 went to see endo Dr and did fna biopsy and it came indef with suspicious, 3 month later did another fna biopsi and it came back the as first indef with suspicious ,I have no symptoms where the nodule are , but I do have other symptom ,lot of bodies cramping, join aching ,not enough sleep, eyes blurry no breathing and swallow problem, low on calcium 8.4, low on vitamins d 22.4 low on protein and,low on albumin, my thyroglubulin anti bodies 1.0 and my thyroglubulin IMA 399.4, please help me to understand all these thank you

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hung, you have thyroid disease and your antibodies are very high. This means your immune system is attacking your thyroid, likely other organs as well. Between the autoimmune disease and deficiencies, it isn't surprising that you're having body aches.  Several of your other symptoms are known hypothyroid symptoms. You likely have gut problems that are contributing to malabsorption of nutrients. 

Youll need to do a lot of research on Supplements, diet, and nutrition, as nutrition can go a long way towards you'd thyroid health. You need supplements and an excellent paleo style, gluten free diet. Absolutely no cheating on the gluten- no wheat, no rye, no barley. Wheat is in everything, so you'll need to avoid eating out and prepared/processed foods for a while until you get the hang of glutenfree. You'll also need to eliminate food additives, so cooking your own food is preferable. Thyroid function requires calcium, vitamin D, B, minerals and other nutrients to function properly.

You may also want to do some research on elimination diets, as this is a more drastic step towards calming your immune system. You'll need to research autoimmune disease and find supplements or other natural ways to support and calm your immune system. Turmeric and chlorophyll are excellent supplements for the immune system.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi mtviewCathrine,thank you very much for responding to my post it mean so much for me I am very cónfusing all this, like I said that I have 2 fna thyroid biopsy and both came back suspicious and I went to see surgeon and he say this left side thyroid nodule need to came out 3.0 cm, and testing it to see the problem,my last post that I have posted. Can you please advice me what to do at this point ,I am confuse and don't know where to start I am looking forward to hear more from you and any member on this board thank you very much to all

• Posted

I have been trying to find out what is wrong with me for over a year. I was first diagnosed with a small pituitary tumor which I've been told is insignificant but I think not. I was recently found to have a growth in my thyroid which they said was too small to biopsy 6 months ago. Now it's far beyond the size for biopsy. I have had normal TSH levels so I've been told there is no problem. I went to an endo PA who had more tests and found that my thyroglobulin levels are off the chart. I have now had a biopsy and will get the results next week. Unfortunately high levels are not always, but often an indicator of thyroid cancer. I hope the best for both of us.

• Posted

Hi Janice thsnk you for response to my post ,over the years I always have liw on calcium,low on vitamin d, low on protein low on albumin , my Dr can't found out why I am low on these , I always have lot of pain on the bone, bodies cramp, and join hurting, my tsh is high, I believe all my problem is because thyroI'd nodule on my left side of my neck, I am waiting to get surgery to remove left side of thyroid, i am so worry ,please respond thsnk you

• Posted

Your nodule is bigger than mine, but mine appears to be growing rapidly from .9 cm to now 1.5 cm in a few months. Unfortunately I can't provide any advice as it's been a maze of doctor visits for me with me always being told that my numbers are normal. I too have low vitamin D, I've had very high levels of cortisol which could come from me stressing over not knowing what's wrong with me. I had a bone marrow biopsy in August and that showed extremely low levels of iron in my blood. I have heard that normal levels are not the same for everyone but doctors don't want to look further when your numbers are "normal". We know our bodies and you just have to keep pressing for tests and answers until we get the result that is needed.

• Posted

Hello, I have been able to reduce the size of my thyroid cyst with acupuncture, and boron supplements.
    • Posted

Hi MtviewCathrine, I help you don't my I am keep asking you question about my thyroid nodule, I was talked to my Endo Dr about my thyroid nodule TSH high 399.4 and she told ed me that I have thyroglobulin high not TSH, I then ask her is there any medication to take she say no ,any way I will have surgery appointment the end of this month ,I am worries, can you or any member of this board share with me the Experience after half thyroid remove, what type of problem and symptoms and recuperation on forward I thank you very much all.

• Posted

Hello Hung, all the posts here are from people who've had an extremely difficult time after thyroid surgery.. Truthfully, I wouldn't do it under any circumstance.

Heres the thing, there is NO BIOIDENTICAL THYROID REPLACEMENT,  so very few people have an easy time with thyroid meds.

That said, I would try taking thyroid medication prior to surgery, because medication can be used to shrink thyroid cysts.  Trying the meds accomplishes two things, it gives you a chance to see how you do with the meds before there no turning back, and you give yourself a chance to avoid surgery. I'm not sure why anyone would believe that you can remove a part of the body without consequences,  you can't. The body needs a thyroid to regulate metabolism.

is your thyroglobulin high? Or antibodies to thyroglobulin are high? Either way, thyroid disease is autoimmune disease and the thyroid depends on the nutrients you eat to work properly. You can often treat autoimmune disease holistically. You owe it to yourself to have the opportunity to save your thyroid in an effort to avoid a lifetime of medication and monitoring at the very least. Read through the many posts here and see that thyroid removal results are less than ideal.   

• Posted

Hi MtViewCathrine, it been more than few week that my last talked to you lot of thing change I hope you and the rest of this board don't mind, I have surgery 6 day ago to remove left side of my thyroid gland the operation is excellent no issues, went home same day today my surgeon calling me and he given me the best new that thyroid patient want to hear, I have no thyroid cancer and he also say he is finish with me don't need to see him anymore, thank you jesus, before go home hospita only given me pain medication ,and take 1000ui per day vitamins d 3, no calcium, all my symptoms muscle cramp, joint hurting kinda go aways, anyway I still having feeling of both feet cold sometime, yesterday I went to see my Endo and I did blood test and I am waiting for that ,I did ask Dr check thyroglobulin test and she say too early please let me know if there is something in my situation need to check thank

• Posted

Glad to hear you're cancer free. Keep in mind that thyroid disease is autoimmune, so you'll still want to take some preventative measures towards keeping your existing thyroid healthy. 

I find removal of the thyroid due cysts to be contraindicated. As thyroid cysts form due to the thyroid overworking to try to maintain thyroxin levels. To then remove the thyroid, deprives the body of what it needs most.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.